So is Eden/nightlies using ffmpeg-mt?
I ask because I still can't get HD mkvs to be watchable in software-only mode (even with true fullscreen), or in fullscreen window mode (even with dxva). This despite the fact that with MPC-HC and ffdshow (ffmpeg-mt, which I have not updated in a long long time) everything plays perfectly, software-only, windowed.
No
I just tried my July 26 2010 version of ffdshow using libavcodec in MPC, and get flawless playback of 1080p mkvs with no hardware acceleration in a window. CPU shows <50%. Using ffmpeg-mt, CPU is about the same.

Why can't XBMC do this? Even with DXVA, windowed performance is unacceptable. Without DXVA -- which I prefer since I still get pixelization often when skipping/rewinding with it enabled -- it's a slideshow.
Integrating the new version of ffmpeg is a big job. It's on the list to be done, but it won't be in v11.0.

JR
MPC-HC it is then. Thanks.
Hi , Anybody Knows someoneBuilding for linux with latest FFMPEG linked , in order to test the Multihtread on ATOM D525.

It seems to produce good results with mplayer2 and 4 threads for example, so quite promising for XBMC

YES I've read that's quite a lot of work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So is Eden/nightlies using ffmpeg-mt?0