Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S USB2
Just seen this and was wondering whether this would be appropriate for a pvr set up in xbmc live (needs to be usb as have no pci slots available) http://www.kikatek.com/product_info.php?...ce=froogle
I have found all the documentation on how to set it up but havent found anywhere that can confirm the integration of this box into xbmc. Any answers would be gratly appreciated. PS im a noob so no heavy tech speak please. Also I see it comes bundled with a remote , if this box is compatible can I use my asrock remote to use itHuh?
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Xbmc does not provide the server side of your TV stream.
You need a applikation like TVHeadend or VDR to run on the machine also.
If the TV-card have Linux support it should also work in TVHeadend and VDR.
This post is a good start to get your tv-server going.

edit: Just assumed that you were going to run Linux since you are using xbmc-live.
If you are thinking about running Windows, Mediaportal will also be a solution for the tv-server part.
The tv card doesnt mention linux support. Have looked extensively into tvheadend and is definitley the way to go but am worried about the fact it doesnt mention linux. Ill keep searching to see anything appropriate, or if you have any ideas on another freesat usb box that works that would be excellent
Sundtek SkyTV Ultimate (DVB-S/S2)
This will do what you ask for. Note that you need a usb cardreader if you are thinking about running encrypted channels.
As mentioned, that tuner doesn't seem to have Linux support.

I recommend getting a TBS Q Box. This will give you access to HD channels as well (DVB-S2). I have two TBS PCI cards that work great.
That looks like a sweet alternative, im in the middle of my htpc build and am hoping its powerful enough (Asrock H67M-ITX/HT SKT-1155 Mini-Itx Motherboard with CIR asrock remote control receiver and remote ,Intel Celeron G530 2.4GHz LGA1155 2MB ,Kingston 4GB (1x4GB) Memory Module 1333MHz DDR3 Non-ECC,Zotac ZT-20309-10L GeForce GT210 LP Silent Graphics Card (512MB, DDR3),Kingston 8GB 2.5" SATA-II S100 SSD ). If you see any problems with this set up not being powerful enough PLEASE let me know as i've just ordered the motherboard ,case and psu but haven't ordered anything else yet.(Hoping to finish build by Christmas - if funds allow)
Well my Atom/ION based system handles HD content just fine so that should be fine too.
Tevii 660 does work in linux and is very good card.
Ive read reviews of the Tevii 660 and they say it suffers from long lags when swapping channels (up to 10 seconds) is this true??

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-S USB20