Library mode issues
first off let me say that I love this product and actually submitted code back in the days when it was only on the xbox

I have library mode turned on but I have noticed many problems that I cant figure out - I dont know, can I edit the info about a certain file and make it show up in library mode if the correct info is in there?

some things wont show up no matter what I do, I can rename them to normal names and still nothing shows up

there are things that show up that I dont have in the folder, like random clips from movies that have random names and random lengths, sometimes its only a sample or something but it has its own name and everything

folder structure is a problem for library mode - that is to say that for a certain drive folder structure goes like this - G:\TV Stuff\_MOVIES - where I have TV shows in the parent folder then a Movies folder with movies in it I have problems with everything showing up properly because even though I have the Movies folder set to "movies" when I set the TV shows folder to "tv shows" it will reset the Movies folder to "tv shows" - I have to have each folder in the same parent directory for it to work properly

recently I have "backed up" my copy of the movie "Super 8" and its named "super 8.mkv" and I have tried "super-8.mkv" and it still wont show up in library mode at all

also I have a copy of the movie "Frozen" where people get stranded on a chari lift - well in library mode the cover is some asian film with 2 kids on it and the description is correct but the fan art is not, I know this is up to the scrapers it gets it from but this is strange because this movie shows up properly with proper cover art when no t on library mode
can anyone help me

this library mode sucks, most of my stuff isnt showing up at all
If i get a wrong movie poster come up, i navigate to that movie in library, then press 'i' and get new poster etc from there.
Thanks
what about lots of movies not showing up, can I edit something in the file that would rename it differently then just a rename so it gets picked up

I found that if I put each movie into a folder then name the folder the same as the movie I will get it to show up - but I have lots of movies and I have them all in 1 folder and dont want to make folders for each one - I could try to write a script to do that but it would probably take me less time to just make all the folders one at a time
leftkidney Wrote:what about lots of movies not showing up, can I edit something in the file that would rename it differently then just a rename so it gets picked up

I found that if I put each movie into a folder then name the folder the same as the movie I will get it to show up - but I have lots of movies and I have them all in 1 folder and dont want to make folders for each one - I could try to write a script to do that but it would probably take me less time to just make all the folders one at a time

Be sure to use the correct naming conventions for TV shows and movies. Be sure you're using the correct scrapers for each library. The Movies library should use IMBD or TheMovieDB. The TV Shows library should use TheTVDB or something like that. I tend to go to IMDB.com & TheTVDB.com & use copy/paste for the names of the movies or TV shows so that the scraper doesn't have to work as hard to get the correct info. TV shows are a little different with the syntax used to separate seasons and episodes but the movies are easy. Example of my naming conventions used in my library:

American Dad_[s01]_[e01].mp4
Bad Boys II (2003).mp4
Windows 7 X64 | XBMC 10.1
I would try keeping the tv shows and movies in 2 different parent directories. I can't speak to tv shows as I am not using them right now. But for movies make sure each movie is in its own folder so:
Code:
\\Movies\Super 8\Super.8.mkv
\\Movies\Superbad\Superbad.mkv

There should only be one video file in each movie folder. Unless you also have a trailer. In which case it should be named exactly the same as your movie file, but with a -trailer at the end of the name.

When you add source select the root movies folder, select: Directory Contains: Movies, run Automated Scan, User Folder Names for lookups (need to make sure your folders are the movie name), Scan Recursively.

And make sure imdb or the moviedb is selected as the scrapper.

Better yet, use an external tool to tag your movies and don't use xbmc to scrape at all. Many use Ember. I personally like Metabrowser the best.
leftkidney Wrote:I found that if I put each movie into a folder then name the folder the same as the movie I will get it to show up - but I have lots of movies and I have them all in 1 folder and dont want to make folders for each one - I could try to write a script to do that but it would probably take me less time to just make all the folders one at a time

If your files are named correctly you can use a program called file2folder to create the directories for you. Quick and simple.
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode issues0