Airplay
SimonMTL Wrote:I'm sure you can afford it. Smile

i'm not going to put it on one of my devices before there is a untether for it... i don't have dedicated dev devices ... i use them in reallife too Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:i don't have dedicated dev devices ... i use them in reallife too Wink

Hmmm, might have to look into fixing that problem. What devices would you need? (and no, a maxed out Mac Pro is NOT going on that list Laugh )

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Something with ios5 on it (ipod,ipad,iphone,ipad2) i think ... i would just need a wireshark dump of a working airplay session between one of those ios5 devices and the natvie atv2 - and a dump of the nonworking airplay session between such a ios5 device and XBMC.

This could already be enough for fixing the issue...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Memphiz Wrote:Something with ios5 on it (ipod,ipad,iphone,ipad2) i think ... i would just need a wireshark dump of a working airplay session between one of those ios5 devices and the natvie atv2 - and a dump of the nonworking airplay session between such a ios5 device and XBMC.

This could already be enough for fixing the issue...

Well my budget won't stretch to buying a whole device, but I'd be happy to put money towards one. You've done great work for all of us.

I'll see if I can get you the wireshark dumps in the meantime. Let me know if you'd like a donation, and how to do it.

I hope that this wouldn't cause any issue with the other devs, they all do amazing work. It's just that in your case I think having a spare dev device would really help all of us.

Well normally just donate to the team and they might get me a device ... but for now lets just try to fix it with wireshark dumps Smile and bring the donation strategy back when this fails *hehe*

Thx for the flowers Wink - i think you donate a whole bunch of time here in the forums with helping to support the users - we appreciate that Smile
Memphiz Wrote:i would just need a wireshark dump of a working airplay session between one of those ios5 devices and the natvie atv2 - and a dump of the nonworking airplay session between such a ios5 device and XBMC.

I have an iPhone with 5.0.1 on it. My ATV2 is still running 4.3 (8F305) . I don't want to run a tethered JB, so is this version sufficient for the dump?

And now it's time for me to learn wireshark Wink

Well it depends ... if airplay isn't working on that setup - then the dump is usefull. If its working for you ... its not usefull Wink
Memphiz Wrote:Well it depends ... if airplay isn't working on that setup - then the dump is usefull. If its working for you ... its not usefull Wink

Well, that all depends... on the time of day, the position of the moon in relation to my shoes and which eye I'm squinting....

Let me get my head around wireshark, then I'll try to capture as many scenarios as possible. Need captures with IPV6 enabled as well?

Cranial Wrote:Well, that all depends... on the time of day, the position of the moon in relation to my shoes and which eye I'm squinting....

Let me get my head around wireshark, then I'll try to capture as many scenarios as possible. Need captures with IPV6 enabled as well?

no ipv4 should be enough...
Memphiz Wrote:no ipv4 should be enough...

Sorry for the delay on this Memphiz. Been busy, it's that time of year.

So, no useful info for you. It all seems to be working for me. And no updating of the ATV2, it's the only xbmc device currently in the place.

But if you come up with any other things you need, let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay0