• 1(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
http://www.raspberrypi.org/

700MHz Broadcom BCM2835 media processor featuring an ARM11 (ARM1176JZF-S) core, Broadcom GPU core, DSP core and support for Package-on-Package (PoP) RAM
128MiB (Model A) or 256MiB of SDRAM (Model B), stacked on top of the CPU as a PoP device
OpenGL ES 2.0
1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
Composite and HDMI video output
One USB 2.0 port provided by the BCM2835
SD/MMC/SDIO memory card slot
General-purpose I/O (About 16 3v3) and various other interfaces, brought out to 1.27mm pin-strip
Optional integrated 2-port USB hub and 10/100 Ethernet controller (Model B)
Open software (Iceweasel, KOffice, Python)
Capability to support various expansion boards

I wonder if something like this will ever work for XBMC, thoughts??
XBMC-ATV2 - Frodo
XBMC-LR - Zotac Zbox Plus - 36gb SSD - 3Gb Mem - Frodo
XBMC-BR - Foxcon 330i - 16gb SSD - 2Gb Mem - FrodoRc3
XBMC-Mini - MacMini - 128Gb OCZ Agility - 5Gb Mem - Frodo - Running SQL - Auto Library Update
Synology DiskStation Ds1512+(Dsm 4.3-3776) - 4gb Mem - 5*3tb Wd Reds [SHR] - 2GB Bonded Link - (SSD Cache WIP)

Heard rumors that someone on the dev team might be playing with one already :p @davilla?
from Wikipedia

Raspberry Pi community forum administrators have mentioned that XBMC developers are also in development of a port of XBMC media center software to Broadcom BCM2835 SoC based devices using the Raspberry Pi board as its reference platform.[14][15][2]
crash123 Wrote:Heard rumors that someone on the dev team might be playing with one already :p @davilla?

I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor Smile
I've been following news about the raspberry board for awhile now, and I have high hopes! Smile
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
davilla Wrote:I can neither confirm nor deny that rumor Smile

Sounds like a hopeful statement to me.
If xbmc is ported to this thing it will sure boost sales for those making the Pi.
You guys should ask for a percentage of the $ from sales hahaha.

That's a nice one :-)
I've heard that those devices are capable of playing 1080p, while being sold for around 25 bucks.
Hmmm.... Could it be.... who knows...
Cheers
ubuntuf4n

I remember this same stonewall around the time the iOS port came out.....
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
something in my eye maybe Smile
Raspberry Pi gives me Winders. Just sayin'.
If you browse around their forum, there's a thread where one of the moderators confirms that some XBMC devs have had prototype boards since at least early September and that they have screenshots of it running (though they haven't released them at request of the XBMC devs.) They even went so far as to say, if everything works out right, we might see XBMC launch alongside the Raspberry Pi in December... which would be awesome.
I would imagine that an XBMC dev who wrote the drivers for the Broadcom CrystalHD cards would have enough experience and access to code for this Broadcom BCM2835 SoC.

Just Sayin'

-Wes
Looks very promising.

Gigabit ethernet and PoE would be nice though
Yeah, no GbE kinda sucks. PoE I can live without, but isn't GbE required for full-bitrate bluray streaming?
lloydsmart Wrote:Yeah, no GbE kinda sucks. PoE I can live without, but isn't GbE required for full-bitrate bluray streaming?

no, 40-45Mbs over 100Mbs net works just fine.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11