• 43(current)
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)
Anybody for display frequencies? Above question? Unfortunatelly, I haven't found that info anywhere.
Thanks.
(2012-08-26, 09:19)pszab Wrote: Anybody for display frequencies? Above question? Unfortunatelly, I haven't found that info anywhere.
Thanks.

We can switch display resolutions and refreshrates on the PI .
(2012-08-25, 19:19)j1nx Wrote: Maybe they talked about the DVD menu's not being able to be decode on the hardware?

No dvdnav on the PI.
@gimli: Does it support hardware deinterlacing? After the Allwinner fiasco and now with the MPEG2 support, the PI seems to be a good deal for a PVR box.
(2012-08-26, 16:05)A600 Wrote: @gimli: Does it support hardware deinterlacing? After the Allwinner fiasco and now with the MPEG2 support, the PI seems to be a good deal for a PVR box.

Deinterlace with mpeg2 works for PAL/NTSC resolutions.
(2012-08-26, 16:24)gimli Wrote: Deinterlace with mpeg2 works for PAL/NTSC resolutions.

Thanks!

And deinterlace for 1080i h264 streams?
Look at this imaginative case for the Raspberry Pi, we all have one close at hand and it's good looking to boot.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j235/e...C00072.jpg

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/raspberry-pi-1148461/10/
(2012-08-26, 16:27)A600 Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 16:24)gimli Wrote: Deinterlace with mpeg2 works for PAL/NTSC resolutions.

Thanks!

No, otherwise i would have written it.
(2012-08-26, 15:20)gimli Wrote: We can switch display resolutions and refreshrates on the PI .
The most important for me is the 23,976. So this is not problem. That's superb. Thanks

I got my Pi this Friday and have tried raspbmc and openelec. Open Elec performes a lot better than Raspbmc for me but I hope I'm doing something wrong because:

I have it running on a class 10 sdhc card. I have an E350 xbmc running windows 8 downstairs. I've exported the database (not in a single file, so all my fanart resides within my series, including the .nfo files with the series info). It takes FOREVER to import this data on the Pi, at least 24+ hours to import data for 75 series feel like forever. Also, I have had two crashes resulting in a corrupt database. After booting again the TV Shows database doesn't show. I can see it on the SD card and all the fanart is there, but xbmc doesn't load it.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2012-08-26, 18:33)gimli Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 16:27)A600 Wrote:

Thanks!

And does thi Pi support 1080i as a hdmi output? This way we could use the tv's built-in deinterlacer for these contents.
(2012-08-26, 20:30)Benoe Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 18:33)gimli Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 16:27)A600 Wrote: Thanks!

And does thi Pi support 1080i as a hdmi output? This way we could use the tv's built-in deinterlacer for these contents.

Yes
Just Quid pro quo, I’ve just received my license numbers and have tested a variety of MPEG2 and VC-1 encoded video files and performance is great, works like a charm. However, I would like to mention that DVD content embedded inside an ISO is NOT playing… If I understood what has been said here correctly, they should play just fine… just no navigation support as per Davilla’s comments. If I’m mistaken, I apologize in advance, if not, looks like there might be an issue.

EDIT: Also note, after the ISO wouldn't play I extracted the DVD folders and tried playing it that way...still no dice...

Cheers,
Slice

P.S. The DVD ISO I am trying to play does have embedded menus however I would assume it they are not supported the Pi could just find the main feature in the ISO and play that…
Quote:P.S. The DVD ISO I am trying to play does have embedded menus however I would assume it they are not supported the Pi could just find the main feature in the ISO and play that…
That's an awfully big assumption.

What happens if you rip the main movie to ISO with DVDShrink or something similar and try and play it that way?
(2012-08-27, 03:20)pumkinut Wrote:
Quote:P.S. The DVD ISO I am trying to play does have embedded menus however I would assume it they are not supported the Pi could just find the main feature in the ISO and play that…
That's an awfully big assumption.

What happens if you rip the main movie to ISO with DVDShrink or something similar and try and play it that way?

Perhaps, but that is what a lot of the media players that don't support navigation do so I don't know why XBMC would do it any different (look inside the ISO find the largest VOB and play it). In either case, I'll have to do a little experimentation and see if that resolves the issue. However, I can't say that that would be an elegant way of handling the issue, after-all the reason most people bought the licences to begin with was so they didn't have trans-code or rebuild their media library... re-ripping over 800 DVDs to strip-out navigation is simply not an efficient/acceptable solution for most people.

~Slice

P.S. It would seem that a lot of people are reporting the issue over at raspbmc (I'm running raspbmc) so it could just be an issue with their builds, they may have disabled the functionality because at the time MPEG2 was just a dream. Would be interesting to know if this is affecting people running OpenELEC for the Pi...
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Raspberry Pi - Wonder if this will work out? (Historical Discussion Thread)11