USB Sharing question, Multiple hard drives.
Hello

I am a long time XBMC user... My primary setup is on an Asrock machine right now and works like a champ... I control everything on it with my Linux machine and move movies over to it via ssh and ethernet... Very smooth and very easy to use... Laugh

I have recently decided to jump on board with the new ATV2... Nod

I jailbroke with green poison and got everything installed... Was pretty simple, bravo to the green poison guys... Rolleyes

So I now have my ATV2 hooked up to a WNR3500l Netgear router... It connects via wireless or ethernet... And the router will share a hard drive... I like my XBMC machine to be portable so the kids can watch movies when we travel, so the WNR3500l is kinda perfect... It shares NTFS perfect... Cool

But onto the issue...
The router has 1 USB port, but if I plug in a USB hub, such as:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6817120011
And go into the settings on the router I can add a second, hard drive (or more)... However if I turn off the ATV2 (meaning put it to sleep or unplug it) the USB connection is messed up... At this point I can reopen XBMC and see my mapped locations and I can open one, but only the first one I open... If I back out and try to switch hard drives it will error and then I cant open either one... Huh

Has anyone else had this issue? I am thinking its a router issue, but it might be the USB hub... I was just curious if anyone else has a similar set up and does not have the problem... The problem is easily fixed by going back into the router settings and readding the hard drives, but thats not really ideal... Confused

If your not having this issue please let me know what equipment you are using...

Or if you have any suggestions please throw them my way...

thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
USB Sharing question, Multiple hard drives.0