Wrong Thumbnails
So, I've found an issue with some of my TV shows. I know I can, and probably will, fix it with NFO files but it will be a tedious task and I'd still like to know why this is happening. Long story short - when I delete something from the library, it doesn't seem to fully clean it out of all things that are XBMC.

For instance, last night, I tested this by deleting a TV show (American Dad_[s02]_[e03].mp4). I then re-scanned the source and it dropped the show back in place. However, the thumbnail and other info, which I knew was all wrong to begin with (this is why I was trying to clean it out in the first place), would show up with incorrect stuff again. So, I created a couple NFO (see sample below) files and that fixed the issue with bad info but it would still give a bad thumbnail UNLESS I added it to the XML code too. This leads me to believe that when you remove something from the library, it's not being done cleanly and completely. Even after removing the entry from the library and cleaning the DB within the Video Settings, the bad thumbs still remained.

Sample NFO:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
    <title>All About Steve</title>
    <season>2</season>
        <episode>3</episode>
    <plot>Insert random stuff here.</plot>
    <aired>2005-09-25</aired>
    <thumb>http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/73141/306167.jpg</thumb>
</episodedetails>

Any idea why this is happening and how I can make sure entries are cleanly removed when I choose to remove them from the library?
Windows 7 X64 | XBMC 10.1
RKillcrazy Wrote:This leads me to believe that when you remove something from the library, it's not being done cleanly and completely. Even after removing the entry from the library and cleaning the DB within the Video Settings, the bad thumbs still remained.

Any idea why this is happening and how I can make sure entries are cleanly removed when I choose to remove them from the library?

You are correct, this is the case. The thumbnail images in the cache seem to never get removed. This seems to be true for ANY image ever displayed. This includes scrolling through potential add-ons as well. Image cache is created and stored even though the image is likely to never come up again.

Perhaps the correct thing to do is to get a thread going in the 'Feature Request' forum?
Request implementation to remove thumbs from cache when items are removed and/or cleaned from library. I just started a thread. I guess people will have to comment and vote on it or something.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=9...post928048
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wrong Thumbnails0