Apple TV 2 "No space left on device" error, but the ATV is newly restored.
Hi,

I would apreciate some help if someone can.

I have jailbroken my apple TV (4.4.2) using seas0npass. It is the new tethered jailbreak.

The appleTV boots up after tethering fine and I can see the red logo in the corner so I know it is jailbroken. So I ssh into it with terminal as per the official XBMC instructions here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...Apple_TV_2

Everything seems okay until I get to the step that says "apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2". It says that there is no space. Here is the full copy&paste:

Quote:Apple-TV:~ root# apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following NEW packages will be installed:
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 10 not upgraded.
4 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/40.0MB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y
(Reading database ... 1310 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 (from .../org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb (--unpack):
failed in buffer_write(fd) (7, ret=-1): backend dpkg-deb during `./Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/language/Czech/strings.xml': No space left on device
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_10.0-9_iphoneos-arm.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Apple-TV:~ root#
But I'm sure there is nothing on the apple TV. I have had a look though ftp and there are no large cache files (I did a full search for anything +100MB). I have also only just restored the apple TV to factory settings.

Can anyone please advise, before I go mad?

Thanks.
It's a bug on Seas0nPass that should have been fixed by now. Try making sure you have the latest version of Seas0nPass.
Thanks for helping.

I have the latest version of Seas0npass (0.7.9). I have also just downgraded the apple TV from 4.4.2 to 4.4.1, but I still get the "No space left on device" error.

----

This is probably not relevant but...

It might be worth mentioning that I bought the appleTV second hand. Is it possible that the previous owner has fiddled with something and that files still exist on it even after I have restored the apple TV?
When i upgrade to 4.4.2 i also "ran out of disk space" try this..

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=917...stcount=31
Wow that did it. Thank you soooo much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 "No space left on device" error, but the ATV is newly restored.0