"Go to Root"
I am a new user of XBMC, I have always sorted my library into sub folders to navigate to specifc category's. I have tried all ways I can think of to make XBMC support this method and failed each time. The closest to the way I wanted it was to make autogenerated playlists of specific folders but in the end that didn't work either.

Up until now I have been going to movies -> files and selecting the folder (episodes, HD, kids ect) and then selecting the movie i wish to view. Unfortunately this makes it so when you hit back it immediately takes you back to that folder selection and not all the way back to the root folder directory. And so to go back i have to go to the context menu and select the "go to root" option.

For me this is not a big deal, however for my wife this is a big pain in the ass to remember. I am looking for a way to map "go to root" to a key binding so i can bind it to a button my on harmony remote.

Any help would be appreciated!
have a look at the ActivateWindow(window[,dir,return]) function in http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=List_of_Built_In_Functions. You could map your selected button to this function.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Go to Root"0