New TV, video playback stutters
In short, I went from a 27" flat screen CRT HDTV to a 5 yr old 55" HD Rear projection TV.

During the transition, things got wonky, and a whole lot of XBMC settings got reset. (No idea how.)

Now, watching a video has dropped frames, including stuttered audio. I know the videos are fine, as they play perfect on a WD Live device I have in a different room.

The TV is hooked up via HDMI to a Revo 3610. Any help would be great.
I used the NVidia control panel to resize the display to 1766x998.
The Skin is standard confluence.

The resolution in XBMC was set to 1280x1024. I went into video calibration to adjust the display so all the corners display the blue edges.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Version of windows?

If vista or 7, try activating DXVA2. May fix the stutter
A debug log might help pin down the problem. Enable debug logging from System settings, System, Debugging, and restart XBMC then wait a minute or two for all the startup tasks to finish. Play a sample film until you get the dropped frames/judders then stop the film and close XBMC.

Open the debug log by pressing Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

"%appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log"

(including the quotes). Click OK and the log should open in Notepad. Copy and paste the log into http://pastebin.com/ and post the link it gives you here.

JR
http://pastebin.com/28ydrQ7E

DXVA2 is enabled. Win7 is the OS
You're using windowed fullscreen not true fullscreen. That might be causing the problem. Go to System settings, System, Video output and disable the "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" setting.

JR
I switched to true fullscreen. Same issue.
Hmm, it must be something else. Can you post another log now you've switched to fullscreen.

If in doubt, always include a debug log. It saves the delay while I ask for one!

JR
Here's another debug.
http://pastebin.com/fuqtzVUw

I am going away for a couple days, but when I get back, I'll test playing the same video via Windows and no XBMC.
I am faintly hearing a clicking coming out of the TV's left speaker. I don't know how, but I suppose its possible its not related to XBMC.
if the only thing that has changed in the setup is the TV.... Then perhaps the issue is with the settings on the TV?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Well, my XBMC settings got hosed somehow. No idea how actually. But I do suspect it is the TV now. But would it be somehow Windows connected to the TV? Are there windows settings I should check?
Couldn't hurt. Check device manager, make sure the monitor is being identified correctly, refresh rate is set to something the TV can actually do. Check the resolution settings against what resolution your TV can handle, etc.
These settings might reflect what was proper for your old TV/monitor but not the current one?
My first HTPC build
My UnRaid Server
Kingston rebates and ASUS warranties are WORTHLESS FRAUDS
Thanks. I could have sworn things were working right at one time, as we did watch a show on the TV before. Then the settings got hosed, which led me to think it was XBMC.

But there was alot going on. Hopefully on Sunday when I get back, I can tackle the issue.
A bit of an update.
Despite my lack of sleep, I got a bit more memory and information on the issue.

I did a driver reinstall, etc and tried to reset everything. I checked the manual to check the refresh rate. On a chance, I happen to find the following quote regarding the Digital-In (HDMI)
Quote:The digital-in terminal is not compatible with the picture signal of a personal computer.

On top of that, I remembered that when we watched a show before on the TV, it was via a WD Live media player.

So I guess my plan B will have to kick in. I'll put a WD Live device on this TV and XBMC on my other TV. And now the fun part of redoing all the Harmony remotes.
sufreak Wrote:I used the NVidia control panel to resize the display to 1766x998.

I'd bet this is your problem. I tried doing something similar with my upstairs TV once and had nothing but problems using some kind of non standard resolution.
I went back to standard resolution. Still had the issue..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV, video playback stutters0