XBMC link not working. Frustrated!
Would someone please help? Very frustrated with trying to set up Netflix on my computer, tv, iPad etc. I installed xbmc on my appletv 1st gen and can see all menus, etc.

I installed xbmc on my pc and can see all menus etc.

When I get to the Netflix part where I go to -videos- instant que- it try's to redirect to a link (I guess to log into my netflix acct?)My ie then says can't find the server API-user.netflix.com, etc.

On my pc or tv when I try this a box opens that says
After you have linked xbmc flick in Netflix
Click ok after you have finished the link in your browser. Issue is I can't finish the process.

The issue seems to be the browser link never works. It redirects to it but says the error I mentioned earlier. " can't find, etc" and I am just on a broken ie web page. There is nothing wrong with my Internet, etc. I can surf the web before and after this. It's only the link it's trying to redirect me to seems to be broken so I can't seem to make it to the part where I log in to give access to my net flicks acct. Around the time when I'm forced to select "ok" after you have linked, etc it give a script error and the bottom right of my xbmc page "script failed, plugin ebmc, etc.

Again, the xbmc is on my appletv with menus choices and all but I can't get any further.

Can't find any help at xbmc site, search here did not find any mention of the link not working.

Please help

3:40pm update:

Changed the pc web browser so it opened with other than Firefox. The link then worked which in turn let me set access to Netflix which in turn let me log in. (after rebooting) it also had me install silver light. (doing now)

So now that it seems to have been addressed on my pc I can't figure out how to do the same on the xmbc on my apple tvHuh If the issue is the same as it was on the pc then the browser has to be changed. I don't know if that it it or not but that's what seems to have worked on the pc .

So far the same script error keeps happening on the appletv xbmc.

A little help please. People are reading the post but no suggestions have been provided yet.
All in vane. Netflix will run very poorly on an ATV1.
Is your AppleTV running Linux or the stock os (OS 10.4-ish)?

If Linux, forget it, there is no Netflix under Linux.

If MacOS, I'm still not sure it will work - does someone else want to chime in here?

Is there even a browser installed on ATV gen1 with Mac OS?

Can you install Silverlight on it?

I think the answer is "no", but I'm not sure.

-Wes
waldo22 Wrote:Is your AppleTV running Linux or the stock os (OS 10.4-ish)?

If Linux, forget it, there is no Netflix under Linux.

If MacOS, I'm still not sure it will work - does someone else want to chime in here?

Is there even a browser installed on ATV gen1 with Mac OS?

Can you install Silverlight on it?

I think the answer is "no", but I'm not sure.

-Wes

It's possible, but it's a pain in the butt to set up and it runs very poorly. No GPU decoding, and the CPU has a hard time with decoding and handling silverlight at the same time, and that's just with SD content. No way on HD content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC link not working. Frustrated!0