Unable to connect to remote server
Hi all
since yesterday I've had problems with connecting to remote server for scanning of new content. I keep getting the message cannot connect to remote server".
I've tried reinstalling XBMC and after that reinstalling Utube addon as that seem to be able to cause this problem.
But I still cannot update my movie library as the remote server is unvailable.

The weather addon also seems not to be working, but I have no idea if this is related.

Anyone has any advise on this?
Thanks in advance
I have the same problem. Installed the latest build but still the same. (win7)
I am also having the same problem.

I have another machine running XBMC and it CAN connect.

Here is my log: - http://pastebin.com/XgAxbcWa

Many thanks.
Wrooty
Same here. Was working just fine till about yesterday, or the day before(?) Suddenly would keep getting "Unable to connect to remote server" error when trying to scrape, and today I noticed the weather isn't displaying either. I've tried everything including a full re-install. Computer is connected to local network and internet just fine otherwise. (I run XBMC on top of Windows 7.)

Edit- also doing this on my other windows 7 pc. Strange... it'll scrape tv shows fine. But movies only 1 or 2 then error. And no weather. System info reports good network and internet connections.
Same error here, pre-eden on Windows Xp and the weather plugin doesn't work too

PS: Windows 7, no problem, in Windows Xp my problem occurs when Windows shell is replaced by xbmc, when xbmc is launched as a simple app the problem doesn't occur

The weather plugin doesn't work beacuse weather channel changes the api
As claudiomet pointed out i also found this thread which explains the weather.com info not showing. Farewell, weather.com....
forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=112798

So now to figure out the moviedb problem...
I've found that when I enable the YouTube addon, the MovieDB does stop giving the "cant connect" error. It takes longer to scan, tho, but it's better than nothing.

I'm not sure where in the forums I came across this information, but I saw it somewhere somebody mentioning the YouTube addon having to be enabled.
PS: here it is http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=113687
Yea. Thanks but i decided to give up on scraping from within XBMC and am now using ember media mamager. Works much better and more fun, too! (And it forced me to finally organize my media correctly!.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to connect to remote server0