can't connect to SMB share
ok having an annoying problem i need help with.

i have upgraded to a raid 5 array so i've cleaned up my library and have gone to add new shares to the new location on my network but whenever i goto the SMB share it just hangs on the loading icon when trying to connect.

i goto:

videos, add source, windows network (SMB), MYPC, and after i click on that it just hangs with the loading icon.

i've left it for hours and it still just sits there. i can connect to the network location fine thru windows normally so i dont know what the problem is and now i can't add any of my shows or movies Sad

can anyone help me out?

EDIT: i found this in my log

Code:
13:32:54 T:4232 M:2159190016   DEBUG: Trying to connect to \\BOWAN-PC with username(bowan1) and password(XXXX)
13:32:54 T:4232 M:2159124480   ERROR: CThread::staticThread - Unhandled exception caught in thread process, attemping cleanup in OnExit
13:32:54 T:4232 M:2159124480   DEBUG: Thread 4232 terminating (autodelete)

I've noticed in there that it is saying the username is bowan1, but it is actually just bowan, i think this is causing the issue but XBMC just locks up. How do i change this password it connects with thru XBMC?

is there a file where i can change this?
NVM, for anyone else having this issue just add it manually as SMB share with the correct username and password when adding video source and it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't connect to SMB share0