You have to Pay to Play(SilverStone ML02B-MXR )
Balinus Wrote:http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/H...8-OD-B.htm

WOW!

With it’s unique, specially designed fanless CPU cooling system, the STREACOM FC8 is totaly silent with SDD inside.

Due to the use of heatpipes that connect the CPU with the chassis heat sink, the type of usable motherboards is limited. Examples of usable boards are Intel DH57JG, Intel DQ67EP, Intel DH67CF

Well.. seems like options are pretty limited for this one huh??
prongATO Wrote:Yeah, it's the imon LCD. I have one in my CW02 case. It's not terrible but it's not great either. Plan on running windows 7 as your OS for any semblance of driver support and IR functionality. Overall, Silverstone makes great cases though. Incredible build quality. Did you check out the cases on the other thread available at http://www.shop.perfecthometheater.com/W...is_c34.htm?

I have this case, got it set up using linux during the 9.11 days (I assume it would be slightly easier to setup now) using the forums (mostly) for help. I have a TON of time invested getting the lcd to work with an MCE remote. But in the long run, it is WELL WORTH IT!

-Erik
Don't be scared to ask questions. Odds are someone else is wondering the same thing.
Closet - Norco 4020 - Supermicro X8SAX - Intel i7-920 - Corsair HX1000 - Corsair XMS3 12GB - 10x1.5tb Raid 5 - 10x2tb Raid 5 - Openfiler VM inside Workstation Win7 x64
Living room - Silverstone ML02B-MXR - Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H - E8400 - OCZ Platinum Edition 4GB - Denon 3310CI
Bedroom - Antec Mini Skeleton - Zotac IONITX-B-E @ 1.92ghz - AVS Gear HA-IR01SV - A-DATA G series 4GB - Denon 2808CI
CpTHOOK Wrote:WOW!

With it’s unique, specially designed fanless CPU cooling system, the STREACOM FC8 is totaly silent with SDD inside.

Due to the use of heatpipes that connect the CPU with the chassis heat sink, the type of usable motherboards is limited. Examples of usable boards are Intel DH57JG, Intel DQ67EP, Intel DH67CF

Well.. seems like options are pretty limited for this one huh??

Well, as they say, there are many more options, they just don't update the compatibility list though.... It might prove difficult to build a powerhouse in there though. I'd aim for something middle-of-the-road XBMC client only.
just thought I'd chime in. For those that need a really low profile CPU heatsink, GELID is the only manufacture that I've seen that makes ones <40mm tall.

Here it is

lrusak Wrote:just thought I'd chime in. For those that need a really low profile CPU heatsink, GELID is the only manufacture that I've seen that makes ones <40mm tall.

Here it is

for what cpu?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:for what cpu?

The one shown is for am2/am3/fm1, as noted in the original post.

but they do make them for other CPU's as well,

this is the LGA775/1156/1155 one

do note for these small coolers they do have a caution

CPU: Conroe-L (TDP 35W), E series Celeron (TDP 65W max), Dual-Core (TDP 65W max), Core 2 Duo (TDP 65W max), Core i3/i5 (TDP 82W max) with good case ventilation

here is a mounted photo

Here is the only other cooler I have found, it is exactly 37mm tall

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product.ph...62&area=en
lrusak Wrote:The one shown is for am2/am3/fm1, as noted in the original post.
thank you for the info. if the fm1 cooler is 40mm, it should fit in the silverstone ml02 case then.
bluray Wrote:thank you for the info. if the fm1 cooler is 40mm, it should fit in the silverstone ml02 case then.

...is that so!! Well then, this may be the answer. Thought our limit was 37mm tho' per website here

remember was my first choice if you think it will work. But now the iMON issue has me buzzed. The LCD + Remote feature is really important and if it doesnt work I will RMA.. dont wanna do that!
CpTHOOK Wrote:...is that so!! Well then, this may be the answer. Thought our limit was 37mm tho' per website here

remember was my first choice if you think it will work. But now the iMON issue has me buzzed. The LCD + Remote feature is really important and if it doesnt work I will RMA.. dont wanna do that!
I think that LUXA2 case and AsRock smart remote are your best choice. Silverstone ML02 might be a little too thin to be a powerhouse HTPC case.
CpTHOOK Wrote:...is that so!! Well then, this may be the answer. Thought our limit was 37mm tho' per website here

GELID says they are a max height of 28mm, as provided in the link
Check this benchmark video on games with the A8-3850....

very interesting beats intel....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlQLzOCxEc

So from the looks of it.... it should be awesome for HTPC.... no external GPU required ....
Now I want one..... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
You have to Pay to Play(SilverStone ML02B-MXR )0