Looking for feedback from dushmaniac about feasibility and other PVR addon authors to see if this approach would help or hinder their implementations.
1) Let the PVR Addon define a set of scheduling options that the user can choose from. For MythTV this set of options might look something like the following (the simple options straight from the MythWeb frontend for scheduling). Perhaps it would be a drop down or vertical set of radio buttons in the UI.
- Record only this showing
- Record this program in this timeslot every day
- Record this program in this timeslot every week
- Find and record one showing of this title
- Find and record one showing of this title each day
- Find and record one showing of this title each week
- Record at any time on this channel
- Record at this time on any channel
2) Let the PVR Addon pass back the appropriate scheduling option already set so it can be displayed in the list of Timers / Schedules.
3) Consider using "Recording Schedules" to describe this functionality rather than "Recording Timers".