AFP streaming after 50 minutes
Hi all,

I'm having an issue while trying to watch movies on my atv2:
I'm using the AFP protocol to stream over wifi from my macbook pro (Mac OS 10.6.8). It systematically works fine for 50 minutes or so, and then stops working. At which point I have to switch the airport off and on on my computer and restart XBMC.

Files are on an external hard drive, but putting them on the local HD doesn't fix the problem.

To make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep, I usually run a video on my computer while streaming.

I have no idea if the problem comes from XBMC, my network or my computer.

debug log: http://pastebin.com/6HTRdn4q

I first watched the end of social network, and the beginning of zelig. It stopped around 21:12

Nightly build: Built on Nov 1 2011 (Git:20111031-75db4a8)

Jailbroken with seasonpass

If you need any other info, please ask.

Thanks
One other thing I noticed is that when I am on the appletv software, I cannot watch anything for more than a minute or so. If I start watching a trailer, for instance, it will stop after a minute. And if I stay on the main menu and wait, the "movies" tab will occasionally disappear, as if the connection was lost.
That sounds like a network issue. Are you connected via wifi or ethernet?
Via wifi. Is there any way for me to test my network?
Throw a cable across the floor and test it wired to see if the problem still occurs.
Can't Undecided, Router is on another floor. No way for me to get a cable to the tv.
Move a TV Big Grin

Or you could try changing to ftp. It is less flaky.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFP streaming after 50 minutes0