Why are the repositories empty?
Ok... guys... Following your information and suggestion I have totally remove XBMC from my Windows system. Then I have downloaded a recent version of XBMC pre-Eden version here (version of November 7). After XBMC installation I have installed my repository. Then I have made a repository force-refresh (as I have explained into my first post of this thread). Then I have selected the version 1.6.5 of Advanced Launcher (declared as using the version 1.0 of python). Advanced Launcher have been installed without any problem and work perfectly on pre-Eden. So... WTF? Angry Angry Angry
Don't panic Wink I opened the repositories yesterday evening again and they were not empty anymore. So I guess in my case it actually was the force-refresh thingy. Anyway it's working for me now Big Grin

As for the Eden 'certification', don't the addons have to specify for which versions they will work? That's usually how an plugin/addon system works right?
jiquera Wrote:Don't panic Wink I opened the repositories yesterday evening again and they were not empty anymore. So I guess in my case it actually was the force-refresh thingy. Anyway it's working for me now Big Grin

As for the Eden 'certification', don't the addons have to specify for which versions they will work? That's usually how an plugin/addon system works right?
I have tested yesterday evening on recent pre-Eden builds, there is no Eden 'certification'. Actually an add-on using python version 1.0 can be installed and could work perfectly on the pre-Eden version of XBMC. So nothing to fix as Machine-Sanctum and you ask me to do.
the bump is something we require in the official repo, not something needed due to technical reasons.
Ho... ok. Thank you spiff for the clarification. Just I do not really understand what it could change to declare an add-on using python version 1.0 or 2.0. At the end the add-on always use the python resources included into XBMC.
python api v1.0 is the internal python 2.4
python api v2.0 is external, system python 2.x (usually 2.6 or 2.7). the switch has some consequences (explained in wiki). us requiring the bump = us requiring the addon has been verified working with external python (and that all reliance on what was removed with the move to system python has been removed)
Thanks Spiff for this explanation Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are the repositories empty?0