Easiest Remote (out of the box) for XBMC???
skeeveman Wrote:I believe easy is relative. I myself don't mind juggling around a bunch of remotes for separate devices, so I got the VRC-1100. It's less than 20 bucks, has a simple layout that's easy to use without looking at it. With a current build of XBMC, all of the basic functions just work... past that, it's just a matter of tinkering with a custom keymap. I've got more time invested in waiting on XBMC to reboot while configuring it than I do actually making changes and testing it.

Excellent post right there and while I am one of those who dislikes "remote juggling" I agree completely. "Easy" is relative any times.

There are a lot of remotes that already have accurate configs in LIRC nowadays, and most should work with little or no trouble.

I like my Harmony remote since I have 5 separate devices to juggle, but getting the thing programmed initially... nightmare. Literally took a period of a few weeks to get all the stuff working properly.
That said, the computer was EASY- about 15 minutes, 5 of which was waiting for the stupid cloud-based software to update the remote.

I know the op was not looking for Harmony info and isn't interested- which I think is a wise choice for anyone who only wants a simple remote for the XBMC machine!
But Harmony's (or other fancy multi-device units) do have their place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Easiest Remote (out of the box) for XBMC???0