Please don't ban me!!
Hello World! Big Grin

This is Bill Daly, a.k.a iRoNBiLL of Team Navi-X. I know it's been a long time since I been here, but I figured I would give it a shot to see if RWParris and others would give me the opportunity to apologize for my long standing anger at RWParris, Spiff, and others a wee time ago when I was in a dispute with them over closing tickets in GoogleCode for Navi-X... which somehow turned into me closing out actual XBMC related tickets they were servicing.

Words were exchanged and people were thrown under buses, but the short and pretty is after a long time of thinking about it, I realized I was in the wrong on this argument that got me banned from XBMC.org a long time ago. If any of you remember the heated exchange, you know I was "over the top" with my response.

I just wanted to personally apologize to RWParris and Spiff in particular for being such a jerk! You all were right that I was pushing Navi-X exceptionally far and injecting it in threads that were inappropriate and for that and my rudeness, I truly apologize. Smile

There have been others here to help with our project Navi-X for some time but I figured if it was at all remotely possible for you guys to forgive me for being so out of order, I'm hoping you will let me return to help other users with Navi-X when they ask for support.

After being gone from a permanent ban on XBMC.org about a year and a half ago, I figured the least I could do is apologize for my actions and ask you two if you would please let me back into the forums legitimately. I don't intend on registering bogus names in the forums just so I can support other users... I figured I would ask you all if you could ever see that possibly happening again. Thanks again for your consideration and hard work you have done for Team XBMC over the years, regardless of your decision on my stay!

Warm Regards,

Bill Daly

a.k.a. iRoNBiLL
Project Coordinator
Team Navi-X
http://www.navi-x.org
navix.turner3d.net
Hey,

I have no idea what happened, who said what and why, and i wasn't even a member here at the time Laugh

That's aside, I'd like to say a few things if that's ok and not considered hijacking?...

1 - Thank you for Navi-X it's incredible... Literally the best streaming plugin I've ever encountered... Buggy as hell and crashes a lot for me, but it's amazing and has let me watch some real classics!

2 - if it's true that your putting livestreams into navi-x then that is an awesome move! But you seriously need to find some some stable links and have/add the ability to update/check links status before users select them as dead links In live streams usually crash/take an eternity to close and are up/down or unavailable on a very regular basis! I'd like to see "seeon" and/or "freedocast" or mypremium.tv added too if possible Nod

3 - any chance you could add ice films sources into navi x too? This would be great as navi-x offers queuing which ice does not!

4 - can you change the resolution of navi -x ... It could just be me but mine seems to switch my pc to 1080i Huh To be honest If a bug exists it usually affects me! And even if it doesn't, it'll make an exception to exist only on my pc so this could be specific to me.

5 - navi x looks a bit dated, and is not customisable, I'd like to see if look a tad prettier and/or have user selectable backdrops etc so that it blends with our systems a tad better.

Your post seems reasonable though, sincere and you admitted you were wrong, and apologised, seems fair enough to me.

I hope you guys do resolve any issues as navi-x is a fantastic plugin and definitely my "goto" script to watch anything old or obscure.

That's all I've gotta say on the matter, I hope I didn't offend you by hijacking your post and discussing your plugin Blush

If so I'll happily remove/edit this post.

Cheers,
Pat~
apology accepted. welcome back. please behave this time.
nice. Smile

Cheers
ubuntuf4n
ubuntuf4n Wrote:nice. Smile

LOL Rofl

You shouldn't make fun of two people that just did something very hard. No

Nod
spiff Wrote:apology accepted. welcome back. please behave this time.

Thank you sir. Big Grin

iRoNBiLL

P.S. PatrickBateman... I'll give you a detailed response a.s.a.p.
iR0NBiLL Wrote:Thank you sir. Big Grin

iRoNBiLL

P.S. PatrickBateman... I'll give you a detailed response a.s.a.p.

Cheers IB,

No hurry,
Just glad your here and can we can get support and you can get feedback from users again, thats good enough for me Nod

Navi-X is fantastic and although it has a few bugs here and there (and needs some new clothes).. Its still one of the best streaming plugins available IMO.

Nod
PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

I have no idea what happened, who said what and why, and i wasn't even a member here at the time Laugh

That's aside, I'd like to say a few things if that's ok and not considered hijacking?...

1 - Thank you for Navi-X it's incredible... Literally the best streaming plugin I've ever encountered... Buggy as hell and crashes a lot for me, but it's amazing and has let me watch some real classics!

2 - if it's true that your putting livestreams into navi-x then that is an awesome move! But you seriously need to find some some stable links and have/add the ability to update/check links status before users select them as dead links In live streams usually crash/take an eternity to close and are up/down or unavailable on a very regular basis! I'd like to see "seeon" and/or "freedocast" or mypremium.tv added too if possible Nod

3 - any chance you could add ice films sources into navi x too? This would be great as navi-x offers queuing which ice does not!

4 - can you change the resolution of navi -x ... It could just be me but mine seems to switch my pc to 1080i Huh To be honest If a bug exists it usually affects me! And even if it doesn't, it'll make an exception to exist only on my pc so this could be specific to me.

5 - navi x looks a bit dated, and is not customisable, I'd like to see if look a tad prettier and/or have user selectable backdrops etc so that it blends with our systems a tad better.

Your post seems reasonable though, sincere and you admitted you were wrong, and apologised, seems fair enough to me.

I hope you guys do resolve any issues as navi-x is a fantastic plugin and definitely my "goto" script to watch anything old or obscure.

That's all I've gotta say on the matter, I hope I didn't offend you by hijacking your post and discussing your plugin Blush

If so I'll happily remove/edit this post.

Cheers,
Pat~

Responses...

1. Thanks for the compliments on the app... I'm just one member in the team but I do alot of work as well so... accepted. Big Grin

2. Livestreams seems to be working fine for me but not others. I'll probably have to make a yahoo pipe for it first to get it working. As for scraper / processor requests, please make them here instead: http://navix.turner3d.net/forums/?action...view&id=76

3. Also, someone already requested IceFilms and we are looking into it now.

4. The default resolution of Navi-X is 720p. I would have to attribute this to an issue with a skin perhaps. What does your setup currently consist of?

5. Navi-X 3.7.1 DOES have user selectable backgrounds. You can choose a new default bg but not override others when they use one. Also, if you check out Boxee, you will see we have a new Navi-X version 4! Now if I can just figure out how to port boxee window state management to XBMC, the script would be ready for release tomorrow. Only time will tell.

Thanks.

iRoNBiLL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please don't ban me!!0