Turn off navigation sounds for specific gui controls (especially, sliders)?
Hello everybody, my first post here Smile

Navigation sounds may be fine but they may be annoying when you use a slider control.

It's typical that you keep an arrow key pressed for one second or two until you get the desired "level": in such case, if you have activated navigation sounds in skin settings, you hear the sound repeated a lot of times at high rates, which is horrible!

Try the Audio Mixer addon to have a demo of this issue.

I would like to avoid this - without being compelled to globally turn off sounds in Appearance settings.

There's a way to accomplish a selective exclusion of nav sounds either in GUI XML file or in Python code?

Thanks very much.

Guido De Rosa
gderosa Wrote:Hello everybody, my first post here Smile

Navigation sounds may be fine but they may be annoying when you use a slider control.

It's typical that you keep an arrow key pressed for one second or two until you get the desired "level": in such case, if you have activated navigation sounds in skin settings, you hear the sound repeated a lot of times at high rates, which is horrible!

Try the Audio Mixer addon to have a demo of this issue.

I would like to avoid this - without being compelled to globally turn off sounds in Appearance settings.

There's a way to accomplish a selective exclusion of nav sounds either in GUI XML file or in Python code?

Thanks very much.

Guido De Rosa

you can use this:
Code:
xbmc.enableNavSounds(True)
xbmc.enableNavSounds(False)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off navigation sounds for specific gui controls (especially, sliders)?0