Strange problem no video but audio plays fine....
And when I say no video, I mean the video itself isn't rendered, but the OSD still works perfectly. I can pull up the menu, hit pause. Everything shows on the screen except the video. Now, here's the strange part. I've used pre-Eden nightlies for a while. Never had a problem. I noticed this problem the first time with the 1 Nov version and I downloaded the 6 Nov today and then rebooted my computer. Still the same. Any source, it doesn't matter.

More information is that I also currently use the older July nightly that is floating around that support bitstreaming HD audio. I have that installed in another folder and I run the exe from that location. That works perfectly. I use that about 75% of the time. The only reason I even switch back to the newer, non bitstreaming version is that the older version doesn't support the Hulu or Amazon Prime plugins.

My computer is a quad core AMD running 16 GB of RAM, Windows 7 x64 and a XFX 6670 video card updated with the latest CCC 11.10 software. Nothing has really changed on this front.

Here's a paste of my xbmc log from the offending newest nightly. I can see something is wrong, I just don't have the slightest idea what to do to fix it.

http://pastebin.com/4EyXVAYC

Thanks in advance.
Nothing huh? Not a single person can help with this?
Going to go out on a limb:
Code:
10:53:09 T:4536  NOTICE: D3D: rendering method forced to DXVA2 processor
10:53:09 T:4536   ERROR: DXVA - failed executing m_service->CreateVideoProcessor(m_device, &m_desc, rtFormat, 0, &m_process) at line 1248 with error 8007000e
10:53:09 T:4536  NOTICE: D3D: unable to open DXVA2 processor
10:53:09 T:5464 WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 13 is not supported by renderer
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
clubwerks Wrote:Nothing huh? Not a single person can help with this?

I'm surprisingly bad at helping people in my sleep, even impatient ones.

You don't have debug logging enabled. Please enable debug logging and repost the log. I note there's an error:

WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 13 is not supported by renderer

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:I'm surprisingly bad at helping people in my sleep, even impatient ones.

You don't have debug logging enabled. Please enable debug logging and repost the log. I note there's an error:

WARNING: CWinRenderer::UpdateVideoFilter - chosen scaling method 13 is not supported by renderer

JR

Sorry, I forgot all you guys were asleep. I'll post a debug log ASAP.

BTW, I got everything working perfectly with MPC HC/madvr/ffd audio on this same nightly. The bitstreaming of the HD Audio is so much better than that hacked July build that I've been using that it's not even funny.
jhsrennie Wrote:I'm surprisingly bad at helping people in my sleep, even impatient ones.

JR

I wish I knew what this meant. Like I said, it worked perfectly before and I didn't change anything and I share settings with the other build and that works fine.
Well, I turned on debug log, shut down XBMC, restarted it and started a file. Of course, it played. Big Grin Whatever I did to make MPC HC work obviously fixed the problem.

I do remember having some troubles a few weeks back that I thought was related to the newest set of catalyst drivers, so I uninstalled them and installed an older driver. Turns out it was my DLP bulb going out and nothing to do with the computer. I probably fubared the setup when I removed those drivers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange problem no video but audio plays fine....0