Can't connect to Ethernet but Wifi works on ATV 2
Hey guys,

Great site and a great product! I admit I am new to XBMC and I just setup my system last night with ATV 2 and XBMC. However when I load up ATV2 with a wired connection I can't get on the Internet. When I boot it just spins on the Setting Date and Time. However when I unplug it and go to Wifi it works. I would like to keep it over ethernet for obvious reasons.

Do I need to assign a static IP to the ATV 2? I have kept it DHCP for now but is something else recommended? I was going to assign a static IP later on anyways but I figured that would not cause the Internet to not work. It DOES get assigned an IP when wired but it just won't work.

Are there any other additional tests I can do?

Thanks.
redskinsfan Wrote:Hey guys,

Great site and a great product! I admit I am new to XBMC and I just setup my system last night with ATV 2 and XBMC. However when I load up ATV2 with a wired connection I can't get on the Internet. When I boot it just spins on the Setting Date and Time. However when I unplug it and go to Wifi it works. I would like to keep it over ethernet for obvious reasons.

Do I need to assign a static IP to the ATV 2? I have kept it DHCP for now but is something else recommended? I was going to assign a static IP later on anyways but I figured that would not cause the Internet to not work. It DOES get assigned an IP when wired but it just won't work.

Are there any other additional tests I can do?

Thanks.

It hangs on that internettime sometimes for me too. But i just hit the menu button on the remote to skip this. After that everything is working (only the time is wrong).

Otherwise i have set a static IP ... but as i said this doesn't prevent that problem from happen from time to time ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I agree with Memphiz... Its the same for me...

Not a big deal in my opinion... I dont care about the time... Wink
I don't mind about the time as well as long as the Internet works later on however that is not the case.

I will go home and try and set a static IP for Apple TV and then see if that helps. Maybe because of DHCP its causing an issue with it hanging? Not sure but very annoying. I want my wired connection. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect to Ethernet but Wifi works on ATV 20