ATV2 general quesitons.
Hey guys I have been using the ATV2 now since about may and mostly run icefilms for my room, I have a windows 7 machine in the 'mancave' which is smooth and nice!!

I have the latest nightly builds, advancedsettings.xml all that goof stuff on the Atv2. What im seeing is on the 720p files is not buffering at all but basically audio 'dropouts' or 'snags' while watching but SD, is obviously perfect playback.

I am using HDMI into the tv, but someone suggested even though i am using HDMI to switch audio output to 'Optical/COAX' which i did, and same audio dropouts or snags?

Also just a couple settings questions in the menu during playback. What should video deinterlacing be set at? I know the default is 'Auto' but i changed the setting to off?

Also in settings for video/playback in xbmc, there is an 'A/v sync option' and this by default is set ay none...there are other options like 'audio clock' but what if the correct setting for this as well? if there is one...

Thanks for any comments or tweaks !!
loveatv2 Wrote:Hey guys I have been using the ATV2 now since about may and mostly run icefilms for my room, I have a windows 7 machine in the 'mancave' which is smooth and nice!!

I have the latest nightly builds, advancedsettings.xml all that goof stuff on the Atv2. What im seeing is on the 720p files is not buffering at all but basically audio 'dropouts' or 'snags' while watching but SD, is obviously perfect playback.

I am using HDMI into the tv, but someone suggested even though i am using HDMI to switch audio output to 'Optical/COAX' which i did, and same audio dropouts or snags?

Also just a couple settings questions in the menu during playback. What should video deinterlacing be set at? I know the default is 'Auto' but i changed the setting to off?

Also in settings for video/playback in xbmc, there is an 'A/v sync option' and this by default is set ay none...there are other options like 'audio clock' but what if the correct setting for this as well? if there is one...

Thanks for any comments or tweaks !!

The 720p-files, are they encoded with XviD? In that case, it's completely normal. The ATV2 doesn't use hardware acceleration for XviD.

If it's choppy when streaming HD from IceFilms, I can't help you because it's running smooth for me...
Sorry, I realize the limitations of the Atv2 and was more wondering in general, should i de-interalce and have it on auto, or off which it is now and the A/V sync option in playback, does that matter at all, i may be being really picky here lol?

I should also comment that not all 720p videos 'audio stutter or drop' and some sources are good, so i guess its hit or miss with the movie or tv show you want.

So hafr your saying all 720p runs smoothly on icefilms with your ATV2?

If so what settings are you using, other than the nightly builds, advancedsettings.xml etc?

Thanks.
loveatv2 Wrote:Sorry, I realize the limitations of the Atv2 and was more wondering in general, should i de-interalce and have it on auto, or off which it is now and the A/V sync option in playback, does that matter at all, i may be being really picky here lol?

I should also comment that not all 720p videos 'audio stutter or drop' and some sources are good, so i guess its hit or miss with the movie or tv show you want.

So hafr your saying all 720p runs smoothly on icefilms with your ATV2?

If so what settings are you using, other than the nightly builds, advancedsettings.xml etc?

Thanks.

I've never experienced choppy playback when streaming HD content from the icefilms add-on. I have however experienced films that lag and buffer, but I reckon that's when the specific file is being streamed by a lot of people at once, because if I wait a week with watching the film, it's okay. Same goes for new episodes of popular TV-shows in SD...

In terms of settings, I haven't changed anything. Using the Confluence-skin and all the settings are left alone.

But, then again, maybe the films are encoded differently. If you tell me which release of which film gives you choppy streaming I could try that specific one? So we know that we're not just trying different films and are getting different results due to that Smile
Okay sounds good....Try Avatar in 720p, Source #1, file #1. Its always a bad file for me so let me know if its good for you? Its moresoo laggy yes, not 'audio dropping'.

I was just seeing if anyone had any specific settings changed with xbmc, i guess it all boils down to the sources and Megaupload.

Cheers.!
loveatv2 Wrote:Okay sounds good....Try Avatar in 720p, Source #1, file #1. Its always a bad file for me so let me know if its good for you? Its moresoo laggy yes, not 'audio dropping'.

I was just seeing if anyone had any specific settings changed with xbmc, i guess it all boils down to the sources and Megaupload.

Cheers.!

Yeah, it was jerky for me as well. It was exactly like when I'm trying to play 720p XviD...

I was in 720p > Popular, and the film above was The Expendables. So I tried the first part on the first source there as well, and there was no jerkiness at all there.

I guess icefilms has some 720p films in XviD, and others in x264.
Okay sounds good!!! that was a good proove-out session, lol I thought I was alone and was missing something lol.

Yeah I guess its hit or miss which file type your going to get...I guess the only solution is for the jerky ones, to just watch in SD. No biggy!!!

Cheers.!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATV2 general quesitons.0