Your automated downloads setup.
My automated download setup is as follows:

Synology NAS installed with:

- Sickbeard (Subliminal version for integrated subtitle download)
- Couchpotato
- Headphones
- SABnzbd

On my android phone i have installed:

- Mediadog
- Sab Sheep (for manual search)
- Official XBMC remote

dsimages Wrote:-cut-

Mediadog is not free. But two bucks or so goes a very long way in this case.
-cut-

I do think it's free, just look here.

Further more i have a modified Apple Trailers Lite to add movies to CouchPotato if wanted.

So far my setup is pretty complete.
dsimages Wrote:I dont think your hijacking the tread. Your just wanting info on specifics of setups!Wink

Mediadog is not free. But two bucks or so goes a very long way in this case.
You cant actually browse new Tvshows that you dont already have, but you can add new tvshows through the app.

So in my case, my wife says "I want YOU to add a new show called Glee" I say "bite me...", no really I say "Yes mam". I grab my android phone or tablet, open up mediadog, then go into the sickbeard section and add the tv show. Depending on the size of the files (episodes), I will have the show automatically added to my xbmc box's within mins.

Yes, you do have to pay to use Usenet. I do not see it being a "catch" in this case though. Usually gimmicks have a "catch". I am suggesting that you do some research on usenet. Watch some videos about it. It was a deal breaker for me as well. Until I came across a free trial. Then I tried a 20$ block account (around 200gb). That lasted me about 2 1/2 months. I was hooked after that. Im not a media hoarder, meaning I dont keep everything I download. Just the good stuff and I usually only have the current season of each tv series I have, not all 9 season of whatever.. This way, I dont have to invest in more TB space and I can download everything in high quality HD.

I dont have cable/uverse/Dtv/dish or whatever. I have had them all in the past. I will never go back to paying 100 bucks a month when I can do it all for 10 bucks a month.

The only thing that has kept me sucked into Comcast cable is I am a big sports fan....if anyone has good recommendations on how to get around this, I would drop Comcast in a heartbeat. I watch all NFL games, most NBA, College football/basketball. I don't know of a way yet to get this live in an easy to use format..

I have the 50meg speed package from Comcast, very sweet! 100 meg is option here, but I can't justify spending $130+/month just on the internet. I typically can get 8Mb/sec on newsgroup downloads through my current 50 meg speed plan.
My automated setup running on my HP Server consists of the below

SABnzbd
Couch Potato
Sick Beard
uTorrent

When a new movie/tv episode is snatched I get a notication via notifo on my iPhone

I control all of the above applications on my iPad via either apps or web gui using safari eg

myNZB
iCouchpotato
uTorrent web UI
Sick Beard web UI

All of the above works very well, just need to pull my finger out and setup headphones
Hardware - HP Proliant MicroServer N36L 8TB / Amazon Fire TV Stick
Software - NZBget / Radarr / Sonarr / uTorrent / Plex / NZB 360

Post - HQ WWE Fanart
Automated only for TV shows:

http://showrss.karmorra.info/ --> uTorrent --> theRenamer --> EventGhost --> XBMC

No automation for Movies so far. Adding shows happens on showrss only.
schumi2004 Wrote:I do think it's free, just look here.

I stand corrected. I didnt even know it was free. Although I truely dont mind supporting hard working devs....

chbartel Wrote:....if anyone has good recommendations on how to get around this, I would drop Comcast in a heartbeat.

I cant really help you out on that one. I would have a look at the some of the addons. I have heard that the espn addon supports live streams. Not to sure though.
A 50m connection is plenty.
acegutta22 Wrote:just got and unraid set up running sick sab and couch and using media dog on my Samsung galaxy s 2 and my friends are jealous it was hard work setting it up but the results are marvelous

you actually got it to work? just tried it and nothing didn't speed to much tie configuring it.
intertan Wrote:you actually got it to work? just tried it and nothing didn't speed to much tie configuring it.

ok finaly got it to work dam phone would put a space in the port#
got /tower: 8080
need /tower:8080

once I figured that out everything works
Hi Guys,

Is there a thread or guide of how to setup Vuze and Sick Beard for auto downloads of Tv series??

I'm struggling to find it in the Forums
(2013-05-15, 21:40)TBT1 Wrote: Hi Guys,

Is there a thread or guide of how to setup Vuze and Sick Beard for auto downloads of Tv series??

I'm struggling to find it in the Forums

There won't be in this forum no. XBMC has a privacy policy (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=117995) and so that stuff can't be discussed here. Talking about what you have is probably fine, but how to set it up ill probably push that boundary.
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
Well, if it's fine, I'd like to hear what current setups people are using then! This thread was old, and I love XBMC and would like to hear what people are using!
(2013-05-18, 16:12)tential Wrote: Well, if it's fine, I'd like to hear what current setups people are using then! This thread was old, and I love XBMC and would like to hear what people are using!

Of course, you just couldn't help set up proabably.

Films are manual for me.

TV shows use Sickbeard from my Pi to my ReadyNAS where Sickbeard renames and moves them into the correct folders, this then (although currently broken) tells XBMC (also running on the Pi) to update that show. All completely automatic.
Set Up
Hmm, I'll have to look into Sickbeard. I hear a lot about it. Currently I do everything manually. I just add full season to utorrent then batch download when I'm not at home. I'm about to move to ripping live TV though. Gotta learn more about it since information is so scattered.

Couldn't you just have XBMC do an automatic library update once a day if that's broken?
Sickbeard is awesome! I just do a manual ones now, it used to work, not sure what has broken it, Sickbeard can send notifications to XBMC correctly but just the updates. Doesn't bother me too much.
Set Up
It's fairly simple. Sometimes it gets stuck on mini-series.

Hahah what a picture Ned
Set Up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Your automated downloads setup.0