Llano a6-3500 with PicoPSU
bluray Wrote:i'm sure about that evercool fan. if it ever reach 40dba as its spec suggested "12~40 dBA", it'll be loud!

yeah, but 40dba is for 4000RPM, which is really fast! It was ranked 1st as the most silent HSF in Frostytech.com, in low profile (<45mm) section.

There's also this HSF which seems interesting : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6835185167
cant go more low profile then Scythe SCKZT-1000...
Balinus Wrote:There's also this HSF which seems interesting : http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.asp...6835185167
+1
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
voip-ninja bought the Scythe SCKZT-1000, maybe he can tell us how quiet it is!
eskro Wrote:voip-ninja bought the Scythe SCKZT-1000, maybe he can tell us how quiet it is!

The Kozuti is very very noisy, at least when used in the MI-008. Also, since it pulls air in towards the CPU instead of pushing air up and away, it can affect airflow in cases that assume the cpu fan is pushing.

You cannot reverse the fan.
voip-ninja Wrote:The Kozuti is very very noisy, at least when used in the MI-008. Also, since it pulls air in towards the CPU instead of pushing air up and away, it can affect airflow in cases that assume the cpu fan is pushing.

ahhh, i see, sucks we can reverse the fan!!
in a case like the MI-008, its not really good then,,,
since it intakes hot air from PSU and blows it on the CPU...
ouch!
The Llano A6-3500 is overkill for an xbmc.

The only reason why im saying this is because I'm researching parts of a totally basic but powerful desktop build. and there are guys running full windows 7, overclocked and playing games on the Llano A6-3500

see here. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthr...t=18360592

If you want to build a standalone xbmc player, dont bother just get an appletv2. It has completely passive cooling. It's cheap, plenty of support because it's a popular unit. If you want to be fancy get a revo, but IMO it's overkill.
totalwise Wrote:The Llano A6-3500 is overkill for an xbmc.

The only reason why im saying this is because I'm researching parts of a totally basic but powerful desktop build. and there are guys running full windows 7, overclocked and playing games on the Llano A6-3500

see here. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthr...t=18360592

If you want to build a standalone xbmc player, dont bother just get an appletv2. It has completely passive cooling. It's cheap, plenty of support because it's a popular unit. If you want to be fancy get a revo, but IMO it's overkill.
If you want to enjoy all the latest technologies (DTS-HD, TrueHD, 3D, etc), A6-3500 is not overkill. It is just the right APU for XBMC+W7! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
totalwise Wrote:The Llano A6-3500 is overkill for an xbmc

Not overkill at all for XBMC + Win7!!
actually, i've said it numerous times now, at its $90 price point,
the A6-3500 is THE APU to get for your HTPC needs!!
soapisclean Wrote:A6-3500 APU - $90.71
ASRock A75M-ITX FM1 - $94.99
OCZ Solid 3 60GB 2.5IN SATA3 Sandforce - $85.08
Crucial 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 1333 (1.35V low voltage model) - 24.99

I already have a Mini-box M350 that I got for $35

Finally I will either go with a 120W or 90W Pico PSU - $76 or $59

My potential build is looking very similar to the above.
Same APU & mobo with a SSD & hopefully 8gb RAM, all inside a MI-008 case

After Reading through this thread I have 2 questions:

1) is the picoPSU-150-XT with a 102w power brick sufficient?

2) And after reading the below quote, What fan do people recommend?

voip-ninja Wrote:The Kozuti is very very noisy, at least when used in the MI-008. Also, since it pulls air in towards the CPU instead of pushing air up and away, it can affect airflow in cases that assume the cpu fan is pushing.

Guide to building an all in one Ubuntu Server - TV(vdr),File,Music,Web

Server Fractal Designs Define XL, Asus P5QL/EPU, Dual Core E5200, 4gb, L4M-Twin S2 v6.2, Supermicro AOC-USAS-L8I, 1*SSD & 13*HDD drives (24TB total) - Ubuntu Server
XBMC 1 ASRock Z77E-ITX, G850, 8GB RAM, SSD, BD - Ubuntu / OpenElec frodo
XBMC 2 Revo 3700 - OpenElec frodo
XBMC 3 Raspb Pi
charlie0440 Wrote:1) is the picoPSU-150-XT with a 102w power brick sufficient?

Yes, it more than enough. 90W is the lower treshold imho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Llano a6-3500 with PicoPSU0