DXVA2 Lowers Quality of Video
You pretty much need to turn off all advanced video settings in CCC. All they do is mess up the picture. Dynamic contrast, edge enhancement, de-noise, ect all bad. Turn them off. The only thing I turn on is vector adaptive deinterlacing, pulldown detection, and set video level to 0-255. That last setting will depend on your set up. With HDMI and a Panasonic plasma I need to set 0-255 to get correct and consistent white and black levels. Your tv and setup may be different.
I noticed bad picture quality that's until I turned off all the picture settings in the ati ccc and then the picture was exellent.

Them settings destroy the picture quality.
StinDaWg Wrote:You pretty much need to turn off all advanced video settings in CCC. All they do is mess up the picture. Dynamic contrast, edge enhancement, de-noise, ect all bad. Turn them off. The only thing I turn on is vector adaptive deinterlacing, pulldown detection, and set video level to 0-255. That last setting will depend on your set up. With HDMI and a Panasonic plasma I need to set 0-255 to get correct and consistent white and black levels. Your tv and setup may be different.

Hi there why did you pick vector adaptive deinterlacing over the others and which picture does this effect pal, NTSC bluray or 50hz or 60hz

Cheers

I have a pioneer 5090 and did not touch the video level as I have the set to YCbCr 4:2:2
meridius Wrote:Hi there why did you pick vector adaptive deinterlacing over the others and which picture does this effect pal, NTSC bluray or 50hz or 60hz

Cheers

I have a pioneer 5090 and did not touch the video level as I have the set to YCbCr 4:2:2

Vector adaptive is the best ATI deinterlacing method. It only affects interlaced sources (1080i and 480i). It assures that the picture is deinterlaced properly at the sharpest quality. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1157287
Cheers does that go gor 576i as well and does it work with the dvxa2 option enabled
StinDaWg Wrote:You pretty much need to turn off all advanced video settings in CCC. All they do is mess up the picture. Dynamic contrast, edge enhancement, de-noise, ect all bad. Turn them off. The only thing I turn on is vector adaptive deinterlacing, pulldown detection, and set video level to 0-255. That last setting will depend on your set up. With HDMI and a Panasonic plasma I need to set 0-255 to get correct and consistent white and black levels. Your tv and setup may be different.

I have an e-350 and do not see an option for vector adaptive deinterlacing, only options are Motion Adaptive, Adaptive, Bob, and Weave. Any suggestions from those? Only Motion Adaptive allows me to enable pulldown detection. Also, do you enable "Force smooth video playback"? Thanks!
StinDaWg Wrote:Vector adaptive is the best ATI deinterlacing method. It only affects interlaced sources (1080i and 480i). It assures that the picture is deinterlaced properly at the sharpest quality. Take a look at this thread...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1157287
Very interesting read although quite over my head!
Just one question, though; if I was to enable VA, would this mean I can change XBMC de-interlacing settings to "OFF", or am I miss-understanding?
Thanks
touser Wrote:I have an e-350 and do not see an option for vector adaptive deinterlacing, only options are Motion Adaptive, Adaptive, Bob, and Weave. Any suggestions from those? Only Motion Adaptive allows me to enable pulldown detection. Also, do you enable "Force smooth video playback"? Thanks!

"Enforce smooth video playback" disables the most demanding processing options if your system is detected to be potentially too weak for them. For example, on my HD3200 + Athlon X2 4850e, if memory bus settings are not set for best performance in motherboard BIOS setup, vector adaptive deinterlacing is not available if "Enforce smooth video playback" is enabled.
WhiningKhan,

Thank you for the info. Would you recommend leaving the feature enabled or disabled for use with xbmc on an e-350?
Why doesn't XBMC incorporate MadVR? It's the best render out right now.

I use an external player MPC-HC with MadVR. XBMC should at least look into this.
Maybe because alot of people use dxva2 and if u use that it can not use the inbuilt deinterlacer of xbmc and only relays on the gfx deinterlacer maybe ati or nvidia should add the option.

The only way to use the xbmc deinterlacer is to disable dxvaa2 which alot of people do not do as they like there gfx card to decode video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA2 Lowers Quality of Video0