Unwatched Movies - Easy way to find them?
Question 
Hi all, I'm fairly new to XBMC and I'm trying to figure out an easy way to view which new movies I have that are unwatched. I'm running Win7 with the latest pre-eden nightly build using the Confluence skin.

Previously I was running Darhma with the Neon skin which had a favorites section. So as a work around when a new movie was added to my collection, I'd manually add it to my favorites and therefore have a quick list of what movies I hadn't watched yet.

Pre-Eden doesn't seem to have this feature and since this is a new install all of my movies are "unwatched" so I can't filter them by watched status.

Here's my folder structure of my media which I've added to xbmc as video sources:

Media
->Movies
-Movie#1
-Movie#2
-Movie#3
->TV Shows
-TV Series#1
-TV Series#2
->Unwatched
-New Movie#4
-New Movie#5

You get the idea. So basically any new movie I get, I put in the unwatched folder. Once it's been viewed I either delete it (if it sucks) or if it's worth keeping I move it to the Movies folder.

I have the xbmc media set up in Library mode. Now since I set the system up, I know I can simply change to file mode, browse to the unwatched folder and see the movies there, but this can be a complicated task for someone not familiar with xbmc.

I'm trying to find a simple solution so that anyone (i.e. tech challenged gf) who wants to watch a movie can easily see the ones listed in the unwatched folder (preferably separate from the rest of the movie listings.)

The idea solution (as far as how I would envision it) would be if there could be another category (or sub-category) added to the main screen called "unwatched" that when entered it would be in library mode, but only show the movies listed in the unwatched folder.

Anyway, that's what I'm trying to accomplish. I'm basically just looking for ideas or suggestions. I'd like to hear how others are doing their library setups.

Sorry for the long post, hope this all made sense Laugh
Add new content to:

->Movies
-Movie#1
-Movie#2
-Movie#3
->TV Shows
-TV Series#1
-TV Series#2

When you select either Movies or TV Shows use the slide out menu to select "Hide watched". This would also save you the having to move them later.
Thanks for the reply, but as I stated in my original post since this is a new install, all of my movies are unwatched, so that doesn't help unless there is some way of marking all the existing ones as watched (without having to do it one at a time).
I had a try and eventually found: Select Movies or TV Shows, select "flatten" in slide out menu, this should show the file manager.
Use context menu to "Mark as watched". This can take some time but it works.
^ faster way is to use the 'w' on your keyboard, whis will mark it as watched (or unwatched if already tagged as watched). Really no other way to do it. But doesn't take that long using the keyboard.
As the others have said you can use the "W" to mark as watched but even quicker in file mode on the folder containing the movies press "C" and select mark watched and it will mark every movie in that folder as watched

Your other option is playlists but this seems pointless now file mode is like library mode just put your Unwatched folder in favourites and yes it has favourites there's a little icon bottom left on the home screen

If I was you I would mark them all watched using the folder method and do away with the Unwatched folder your making life hard for yourself
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Thanks >>X<<! I didn't realize the icon next to the power button was the favorites. Marking all as watched and then adding my unwatched folder to the favorites worked PERFECTLY!

Thanks again!
>>X<<' Wrote:As the others have said you can use the "W" to mark as watched but even quicker in file mode on the folder containing the movies press "C" and select mark watched and it will mark every movie in that folder as watched

Nice Tip!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unwatched Movies - Easy way to find them?0