[Aeon NOX] Record label clearart logos
Hi there,

Firstly, thanks to all concerned with XBMC and Aeon, which has revolutionized the way we watch TV in our house!

It's also changing how we listen to music, so I've been tidying up my MP3s with cover art etc so they'll look good in Music Library mode. However, my own collection includes releases from quite a few labels outside of whatever source/folder/repository Aeon is using to get the little 'clearart' logos that sit at the bottom of the Album Info screen (such as for Universal Music or Island Records). I get a Question Mark, which is pretty frustrating when you know the label and perhaps even have a logo yourself.

Is it possible for me to add to this source manually (if I make compatible logos myself)? Or is there a general repository that I should be contributing them to, for everyone's benefit? I can't find much info on this area of XBMC at all, actually...

Any help/advice gratefully received!

Regards to all,

Discy
You have to use the allmusic album scraper to scrape your albums. In my knowledge, it is the only scraper that scrapes the record labels info, though there might be others. Alternatively, you can use Transparency skin for the the record labels.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
Hi there,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I have the allmusic album scraper turned on - and it does find a load of the logos. But not all of them. I'm just wondering if there's a location where I can store my own created logos on my XBMC box so they ARE picked up and used?

Regards,

DIscy
Incidentally, I'm using Aeon NOX and it's showing the logos that ARE being picked up. Transparency not required!
discmeister Wrote:Hi there,

Thanks for replying. Yes, I have the allmusic album scraper turned on - and it does find a load of the logos. But not all of them. I'm just wondering if there's a location where I can store my own created logos on my XBMC box so they ARE picked up and used?

Regards,

DIscy

You mean the studio logos right?
You could provide them to me so i will make sure they will be included in Nox. This way everyone can benefit Smile
The need to be preferably mono colour white and 161x109.

You can also save them yourself in the folder "skin.aeon.nox\media\flags\music\recordlabel". If the folder locations does not exist just create it.

Filename needs to be EXACTLY like the <music label name>.png

So "Sony Music" needs to be "Sony Music.png"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi there machine-sanctum,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what I was after - a way of a) sharing any logos I create myself for more obscure labels and b) testing them on my own box before sharing them, to make sure they look okay etc.

Thanks for that! I'll be in touch!

Discy
discmeister Wrote:Hi there machine-sanctum,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, that's what I was after - a way of a) sharing any logos I create myself for more obscure labels and b) testing them on my own box before sharing them, to make sure they look okay etc.

Thanks for that! I'll be in touch!

Discy

You can look here which ones are already available in the Eden version of Nox:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree...ecordlabel

If you have any movie studio logos they are welcome to Wink
Here's the current lists:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree...gs/studios
Sorry error of post
OS: LibreElec-7.95.beta6 kszaq - KODI Krypton-17.0 - TvHeadend 4.1.2415
SKIN: AeonMQ7 by MarcosQUI
AndroidBox: Bqeel M9C max
DVB-T2: August USB Freeview TV Receiver
NAS: D-Link DNS-325

The albums must be in the allmusic.com website for the scraper to scrape your album. Just look for the correct version of your album (there might be releases by different labels.
Check the website for your albums. http://www.allmusic.com

I do most of the times have to select the proper release from the options the scraper gives.
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
bandelguy Wrote:The albums must be in the allmusic.com website for the scraper to scrape your album. Just look for the correct version of your album (there might be releases by different labels.
Check the website for your albums. http://www.allmusic.com

I do most of the times have to select the proper release from the options the scraper gives.

I prepare all my music with MusicBrainz scanner and store as much info as possible in the ID3 tag
Martijn Wrote:You can look here which ones are already available in the Eden version of Nox:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree...ecordlabel

If you have any movie studio logos they are welcome to Wink
Here's the current lists:
https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox/tree...gs/studios

Could you possibly change the name of "Saddle Creek" to "Saddle Creek Records"?I have bunch of SCR in my library and it would be nice to see them with the right studio logo. Thanks.Smile
igbygoesclown Wrote:Could you possibly change the name of "Saddle Creek" to "Saddle Creek Records"?I have bunch of SCR in my library and it would be nice to see them with the right studio logo. Thanks.Smile

Did a PR so when BigNoid has time he will merge it in.
Hi, have a question about updating record thumbnails. What I believe is that skin related images are cached nowadays. I put all my updated thumbs in "skin.aeon.nox\media\flags\music\recordlabel" as mentioned earlier, and they don't update in XBMC unless I change the name of the (*.png) to something else and change the SQL strlabel value to this new record label name. All record labels which currently exist cannot seem to be updated. How can I achieve this with XBMC not allowing the raw png files to replace the cached png files. No idea what to do to get my Record Label thumbs to update.

Please help?!?!?!?! Thanks in advance.
BlackRose Wrote:Hi, have a question about updating record thumbnails. What I believe is that skin related images are cached nowadays. I put all my updated thumbs in "skin.aeon.nox\media\flags\music\recordlabel" as mentioned earlier, and they don't update in XBMC unless I change the name of the (*.png) to something else and change the SQL strlabel value to this new record label name. All record labels which currently exist cannot seem to be updated. How can I achieve this with XBMC not allowing the raw png files to replace the cached png files. No idea what to do to get my Record Label thumbs to update.

Please help?!?!?!?! Thanks in advance.

Hmm I also thought that they were not cached when they were inside skin folders.

Cache will auto update every 24 hours and see if something has changed so if all goes well they should update next day.
Don't you think that's a bit odd. How are skin developers able to update their skins and see the changes they make in their skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Aeon NOX] Record label clearart logos0