ATI drivers 11.10 should i update ?
Hi all

I am running ATI driver 11.6 and wanted to know if there is a better driver and wanted to know if the latest was ok to use with xbmc.

the reason i ask is i have a couple of problems with xbmc

1. it will lose screen focus and i know its the ati driver casuing this.
2. i get video stutter somtimes when i come out of stnadby but is corrected by closing down xbmc and reloading it
3. i get audio sync problems with only DTS tracks and all other tracks works. they seem to work fine in VLC player

dont know why i get these problems as i have a brand new built windows 7 64bit sandybridge system with ati 6770 card installed.

I wanted to know if its ok to update these drivers to see if it can correct any of these problems.

has nayone has problems with 11.6 in the past and did other drivers help or improve the system.

thanks
that is a powerful gpu. i installed the latest catalyst, and it work fine with my less than powerful ati gpu. you can try to select "force smoother playback" in catalyst and select "high performance" in w7 control panel power option.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Star 
I'm running with Cat 11.9 without issues... but I did go through my graphic cards update site for the files. I've noticed zero improvement for quite a few updates, (if it's not broke, don't fix it) I suspect the updates are mostly patches for hardware compatibility and gaming benchmarks.

Prior exposure to ATI direct download did yield some issues.
Its already been reported that this version breaks dxva - see here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1370188 - might be better sticking with what you have.

Like Pat I'm running with 11.9
Thanks all might try the 11.9 as there seems alot of people happy with this driver on htpcs.

Is it ok just to install over the top
Yes never had any problems - though some like to uninstall, drive clean, then reinstall.
meridius Wrote:Thanks all might try the 11.9 as there seems alot of people happy with this driver on htpcs.

Is it ok just to install over the top
you can download it directly from their website- Graphics Drivers & Software and install it over the previous version.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Cheers all. Will let you know how I get on

Strange can not access the 11.9 driver from ati website
meridius Wrote:Cheers all. Will let you know how I get on

Strange can not access the 11.9 driver from ati website

Did you try this? These are W7 x64 FTR.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...n&rev=11.9
clubwerks Wrote:Did you try this? These are W7 x64 FTR.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...n&rev=11.9

thats the link i tried but no driver to select but the 11.8 does let me select it but i dont want them wanted the 11.9

never mind what i did was is look at the link for 11.8 and copied that into the address bar and chaned 8 to a 9 and it downloaded it, seems to be a problem with ati website for 11.9 as its just blank and can not hit download but got it in the end
updates the driver but did not fix any of the problems i have

never mind

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI drivers 11.10 should i update ?0