Visualization and mayhem iii
i just got a new build (2005-04-15 orw) using project mayhem iii. noticed the visualization now plays within a "border", including a large xbmc logo up on the left. this looks great, but wouldn't it damage the screen in the long run?

is there anyway to change it to use full-screen? searched the forums without finding the answer.

(and yes, i know i could just use another skin - just wondering, because pm3 looks great)
in terms of damaging your tv? i can honestly say i think your xbox would melt into a smoldering pile of plastic before it messed with the tv screen. sides if you want to get back just press start and your back in full screen mode Wink
actually i have to agree with fnorre on this one. i use to work for a tv repair company and any image left on a rear projection tv (still very commonly used) for too long will burn in an image. the nice thing about visualizations is they let you protect the screen with full screen moving images. burn in is very ugly. you end up seeing that burnt in image no matter what you do and it usually requires very expensive repair/replacement (pray you have a warrenty that will cover burn ins!Wink i've acutally seen rear projection tv's damaged by xboxes and ps2s.

i was also not too happy with the loss of full screen vis. in pm3 as i love this skin!!

harshreality:
Quote:sides if you want to get back just press start and your back in full screen mode Wink

um, on my 4.15.05 build using the pm3 skin that brings up the music osd. maybe you were thinking of the x button (or display button on the remote) to make it full screen? if that's the case then i doubt you've tried the vis. in the new skin. when in (what use to be) full screen mode it plays in the pm3 main window, just the controls are replaced with the album art and song info. full screen mode is no longer.

it may be time to go leave some thoughts on chokemaniacs site (he has forums now.)

http://www.chokemaniac.net/
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
found it fnorre... check here at chokemaniacs forums.

http://chokemaniac.xbmc.org/viewtopic.php?t=227

the info button on the remote, and the white button on the controller switches you to true full screen! (when in windowed full screen)

damn chokemaniac... you rock!

:kickass:

quoted from chokemaniac:
Quote:all props should go to jmarshal for this

thanks jmarshal! :bowdown:
Softmodded
XMBC enthusiast since Dec. 2004
and please try to post in the right forum.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualization and mayhem iii0