[LIVE] ATV1 Buffering but Windows doesn't Buffer
Question 
I've had buffering issues on my ATV1 for some time and I thought it was networking issues. I've just installed XBMC on my Win7 laptop and there are no buffering issues at all and that's on a wireless connection!

The main problem is HD content, but I also see some buffering with particular XviD content. I upgraded to the CrystalHD card and had good results with 720p content. I then upgraded my Windows Home Server to 2011 and started to have buffering problems. I did several speed tests and it seemed like the wired network was slower than it should be and as it runs on the outside of the house I thought interference or length could be an issue.

Today I've put XBMC on my 4 year-old Core 2 Duo laptop running Win7 and I can stream HD content over the wireless network. This network has the same wired route to the server that the ATV1 has.

I've installed an NFS server on my server and it doesn't seem to have helped at all, certainly not with HD content, too early to tell for XviD content.

Is my Windows machine just putting less stress on the network and server? I would have thought the stress would be the same for network bandwidth regardless of the machine doing the decoding.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Nick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] ATV1 Buffering but Windows doesn't Buffer0