[ATV2] - Unable to see AVI files
Hi

Noob here...

Have ATV2 and XBMC installed. I have a Synology DS110J and have all my movies in a shared folder.

I can navigate to the folders on the synology via XBMC but am unable to see the AVI files

Likewise I have a few audio books and again can navigate to the folders but cant see the files

Any idea what the issue is?

Cheers

DT
Possible file / folder permissions
got a log?
I am just going to take your statement at face value and assume you are a complete noob, so my apologies in advance if this is out of line;

When you say 'navigate to your folders', but then you can't see any .avi files are you trying to find them through the "Add Videos" option inside the main Videos tab?

When you are using the "Add Videos" option you are telling XBMC where to find your movie files. After you have selected the appropriate folder then click on OK, choose a relevant scraper for the media type (Movies, TV Shows etc, or none at all), and then confirm your choice.

When you go back to select the video source you have just set up you should find your files, .avi included, by navigating through your newly setup source.

Again, my sincere apologies if I have over-assumed your level of noob-ness Blush

francis
Hi Sick Puppies

I have also tried via SMB to see the files and can get to the "Video" folder but still no avi visible

One thing I dont have is a "Scraper"

What is and where do I get a scraper

And when to comes to this stuff I am defo a Noob....so all help appreciatedNod

DT
Deep Thought Wrote:Hi Sick Puppies

I have also tried via SMB to see the files and can get to the "Video" folder but still no avi visible

One thing I dont have is a "Scraper"

What is and where do I get a scraper

And when to comes to this stuff I am defo a Noob....so all help appreciatedNod

DT

When you start XBMC, you go to "Videos", choose "Files". Here, you click on "Add source" and then "Browse".

Navigate to your video folder. If you don't see any files in there, don't be alarmed, because it will only show folders. When you're in your video folder, press the OK-button on the screen. Now go down and press OK again.

You'll be given the option of telling XBMC what the folder contains. Choose (Movies) and the scraper will be chosen automatically. Go down and press OK.

Now you're able to browse your video folder within XBMC and watch whatever movie you want Smile
have a look on youtube. there are tutorials on how to set it up.
hafr Wrote:When you start XBMC, you go to "Videos", choose "Files". Here, you click on "Add source" and then "Browse".

Navigate to your video folder. If you don't see any files in there, don't be alarmed, because it will only show folders. When you're in your video folder, press the OK-button on the screen. Now go down and press OK again.

You'll be given the option of telling XBMC what the folder contains. Choose (Movies) and the scraper will be chosen automatically. Go down and press OK.

Now you're able to browse your video folder within XBMC and watch whatever movie you want Smile
Hi Hafr

Thank you so much...all movies now visible and watching

I assume its the same for music

Finally.....how do I delete things in XBMC

In trying to find the correct folder, I created other folder links..how does one delete them

Again, thanks to everyone here for the trojan work

DT
Deep Thought Wrote:Hi Hafr

Thank you so much...all movies now visible and watching

I assume its the same for music

Finally.....how do I delete things in XBMC

In trying to find the correct folder, I created other folder links..how does one delete them

Again, thanks to everyone here for the trojan work

DT

Hold the menu button for getting into the context menu ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] - Unable to see AVI files0