XBMC not running on new HP computers (Advanced)
[WARNING FOR ADVANCED USERS ONLY] Okay, so I know a lot of folks on here have been having trouble with the new HP computers that ship with switchable graphics. I have been reading a lot of the posts and even started one myself about how XBMC is not starting. I started thinking about it and how everyone has been mentioning the PCI Express Power Link State being the problem. Well, as I dove deep into my computer last night, I started to realize more and more that other applications that ship with new HP computers also use the PCI express link as well. So, I started brain storming and thinking, what if those other programs were causing the data stream to be interrupted while XBMC is trying to start it's process. So, I went out on a whim and formatted my HDD and re-installed Windows 7 without all the crapware that HP ships with. I installed all of the drivers in the proper order along with a couple of applications. I had my fingers crossed and clicked on XBMC and it popped up so fast I thought my head spun counter clockwise. I have been testing it all morning long with reboots and waiting to start it up and starting it up as the computer logs into windows. So far I have only had one instance where XBMC didn't start and hung like it used to, but that was not related to XBMC though, it was because my PPPoE connection lost connection at the same time I started XBMC up which in turn locked up the computer. Other than that, it has been working better on this new laptop than on my old one. So, if you really really really want to solve this problem, then I would suggest to format and re-install windows, but that is only if you feel the need to. This has worked for me beautifully.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC not running on new HP computers (Advanced)0