• 3(current)
Artwork Downloader
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Artwork Downloader - Eden11.0 ONLY: version 0.4.2.RC2
Available from download section.

Bug fixes:

Thanks for the update! Big Grin
This is a good initiative and the rc works as expected.
Only thing I really miss in comparison to logo downloader is the solo mode. With logo downloader you have a real solo mode where you can choose which clearart,logo etc to download. Artwork downloader downloads in bulk but only for 1 tv show. Please add a mode for this script that works the same as logo downloader preferably with a different run mode so I can keep the get logo and get extrafanart separated in the tv show info screen when this replaces logo downloader.
Big_Noid Wrote:This is a good initiative and the rc works as expected.
Only thing I really miss in comparison to logo downloader is the solo mode. With logo downloader you have a real solo mode where you can choose which clearart,logo etc to download. Artwork downloader downloads in bulk but only for 1 tv show. Please add a mode for this script that works the same as logo downloader preferably with a different run mode so I can keep the get logo and get extrafanart separated in the tv show info screen when this replaces logo downloader.

It was on the to-do list Nod
Took Friday the day off so I will have a chance to get this going.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
planned to add tvtunes?
ppic Wrote:planned to add tvtunes?

hey ppic,

Just saw the mail from ronie. Thanks Smile

Well who knows, maybe. I just want want to sort out some other things first like the solo mode GUI (so you can chose what artwork) and ofcourse bugfree Rolleyes

Another thing is centralized artwork so skins can take all artwork van from place instead from all media folders.
Only problem is the translation between skin/add-on. Found a partial sollution only it doesn't work for tvshows.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114778

After that I don't think it would be that difficult.
you should store each kind of stuff in folder (/logo,/fanart,/clearart ... ) then use the unique id stored in xbmc db for the media you want and use it to name the media artwork.

or making hash of the path and use it to name the artwork.
ppic Wrote:you should store each kind of stuff in folder (/logo,/fanart,/clearart ... ) then use the unique id stored in xbmc db for the media you want and use it to name the media artwork.

That's a great idea, to use the id(imdb, tvdb, etc) for the name of the folder, as both the skin and addons have good access to that info...
ppic Wrote:you should store each kind of stuff in folder (/logo,/fanart,/clearart ... ) then use the unique id stored in xbmc db for the media you want and use it to name the media artwork.

giftie Wrote:That's a great idea, to use the id(imdb, tvdb, etc) for the name of the folder, as both the skin and addons have good access to that info...

According to the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels
there's no ListItem.[foo] for the skin to use or am I missing something? Maybe the list isn't complete?
giftie Wrote:That's a great idea, to use the id(imdb, tvdb, etc) for the name of the folder, as both the skin and addons have good access to that info...

There is no infolabel for imdb/tvdb number for skins.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:According to the wiki:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels
there's no ListItem.[foo] for the skin to use or am I missing something? Maybe the list isn't complete?
why using infolabel?
$INFO[ListItem.FolderName] should work. Just tried it in T! with debug mode on and it gave the correct tvshow/movie folder so it might even work using this:

Code:
<texture background="true">$INFO[Skin.String(ArtworkPath)]$INFO[ListItem.FolderName,,/clearart.png]</texture>

The only conditions for this to work are the same like now. Each movie/tvshow must have it's own subfolder.
So if this is the media folder:
Code:
SMB://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media4/Films/Animatie/Cars 2 (2011)/cars2.mkv

We can create somewhere else:
Code:
D:\ARTWORK\MOVIES\Cars 2 (2011)\
and store all artwork there.
yes, you just have to change the base_path in skin options

go idea
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:$INFO[ListItem.FolderName] should work.
Hm it does work in library. Tried it today in DialogVideoInfo and there ListItem.Foldername is the root folder of the tv shows (ie Series for Series\House).

EDIT: also this won't work for clearart and logos while playing video. There is no Player or VideoPlayer.FOlderName or equivalent.
Big_Noid Wrote:Hm it does work in library. Tried it today in DialogVideoInfo and there ListItem.Foldername is the root folder of the tv shows (ie Series for Series\House).
Yeah i had the same problem there. ronie showed me that it does work in library itself. I first only tried it in DialogVideoInfo cause that's a file i understand. There it did work for movies but not for tvshow. So maybe a bug there?
Big_Noid Wrote:EDIT: also this won't work for clearart and logos while playing video. There is no Player or VideoPlayer.FOlderName or equivalent.

There's no way they're gonna add "Player.FolderName" now in future freeze...
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18