• 154(current)
Artwork Downloader
(2015-04-07, 18:31)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-04-07, 15:23)capfuturo Wrote: @Walt74: The link you have supplied for the art contains none of the images you expect to fetch but HD artwork. The latter isn't supported by AD.

it is

Martijn, than i am back at my original question. Why is no artwork found ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
(2015-04-07, 15:23)capfuturo Wrote: @Walt74: The link you have supplied for the art contains none of the images you expect to fetch but HD artwork. The latter isn't supported by AD.

it is
@Martijn: Walt74 is discussing HD Artwork in the context of HD Logo and HD Clearart. I was left with your statement from 2013 confirming you had no intention to support such images. Have you changed your mind about this?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2015-04-07, 19:15)capfuturo Wrote:

it is
@Martijn: Walt74 is discussing HD Artwork in the context of HD Logo and HD Clearart. I was left with your statement from 2013 confirming you had no intention to support such images. Have you changed your mind about this?

Then you clearly didn't understand. I had/have no intention to splitting them up. They are treated as one with HD as preferred image.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
@Martijn: yeah, I am terrible at guessing. Thank you for clarifying this bit!

@Walt74: now I am puzzled! Perhaps an API call or Key issue. Perhaps the images have been uploaded to Fanart.tv too recently, looks like just 2 days ago, and they aren't yet available to the API. In my experience it is pretty much the same thing for every new image entry in Fanart.tv. Wait a couple more days and try again. Let me know please if that worked.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
@Walt74: I took some time, did a little investigation and found the average times for image availability for scrape purposes. This information has been posted quite recently by Kode, one of Fanart.tv site's administrator. By looking at AD's Github latest development, it seems they updated to fanart.tv API v3 un July 2014. Since AD's seems not to support yet Personal API keys, the above information suggests it would take between 2 days to 1 week for newly uploaded images to be available for scraping in AD.

I hope that answers your original query.
Best,

capfuturo

(2015-04-08, 15:36)capfuturo Wrote: @Walt74: I took some time, did a little investigation and found the average times for image availability for scrape purposes. This information has been posted quite recently by Kode, one of Fanart.tv site's administrator. By looking at AD's Github latest development, it seems they updated to fanart.tv API v3 un July 2014. Since AD's seems not to support yet Personal API keys, the above information suggests it would take between 2 days to 1 week for newly uploaded images to be available for scraping in AD.

You did quite the research,

For an other show which did not update logo and clearart (made the art myself) Artwork Downloader just found the logos. And the time between upload and scraping was about a week, so it seems you might be (are) right. Ill report back when the show i mentioned has scraped the logo and clearart. At that moment we can measure (have an idea of ) the delay

thanks for your efforts
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
Hi all,

Since a few days I own a MiniX X8-H Plus. Great device. As I'm all new to XBMC it took me some time to figure out how it works. But step by step I managed to get XBMC to work like I would like it to work. This was also including the artwork so all the movies and tvseries (using the addon 'Artwork downloader') had a desciption including the belonging pictures of the covers, wallpapers, disc-images, etc.

But then I had to reïnstall everything because I had messed up rooting the X8-H Plus and therefore I used the burn tool to make a clean install of Android, including XBMC. And after that I just can't get the artwork to work again. The only thing I get to see is the written information about the movies. But it gets more strange.

The day before yesterday I was trying to get the Artwork back, but without any result. I went to bed and yesterday afternoon I wanted to try again to get the artwork back. But suddenly there was some artwork. But not with every movie, only a few, and it took a few seconds to build up the artwork, so the background seemed to load slowly, etc, but it was there for a few movies. I decided to turn off the MiniX, put it back on again, and gone was all the artwork again, except for the dicsimages, they were suddenly there, but that was the only part of the artwork that was there, but it looked a bit strange (see the attatched image at the bottom of this post)
The strange thing is that the artwork has always been there for the tv series, except for one series, that one is also gone.

At this time I'm getting quite frustrated on how to get the artwork back. I'm trying to figure this out for 3 days now. Here are some things I've already tried on my own.

- Reïnstall XBMC
- Tried the adapted version (extended cache memory, etc) found here on the minix forums)
- Used several settings within Artwork downloader (use or not use local information, enable and disbale limit artwork)
- Ran Artwork downloader several times
- Deleted all the artwork stored on my external HD manually on my computer for a fresh start
- Tried the youtube solution, but the file that should be removed is not even on my system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61qSs2XbwRE
- Googled my ass of to find a solution
- Tried different themes

I really hope somebody has a solution for me. It worked before. To me it looks like I did nothing different compared to what I did before, but I just can't get the artwork to work properly Sad
What I did notice is that artwork downloader does seem to download images like "folder.jpg" but in the end they cannot be found wihtin the maps with files.

edit:
When looking at the report of Artwork downloader it looks like it cannot find many things:
- clearart not found
- banner not found
- clearlogo not found
- landscape not found

But the report also says it has downloaded
61 posters (I also have 61 movies, so that seems to match)
66 Fanart
54 Thumbs
etc

But why don't I see all these downloaded images? Where are they stored? Not in the same map as the movies?
I know this is a stretch, but is it possible to move all the artwork to another storage media and still have them show up in Kodi?
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
Hi guys and gals,

First my apologizes if these questions have been already rised, my 8 monthes BB right in my left arm is actually preventing me for doing a proper search on the thread Big Grin (and yes i'am typing with my right one Wink )

I can't be enough thankfull for this addon as i really don't know how we could handle extra artworks to be properly grabbed by Kodi which still lack the native hability to catch them all.
Well, that being said, i just want to briefly expose my use of the addon.

I am the kind who use an external program to scrape all the stuffs and oiganize them along with a proper nfo (I use Mediaelch which do this fine and can also do extra fanarts but in a half automatic way which is not convenient IMHO).

My question is just about extra fanarts and extra thumbs.

I don't understand how it works internally, and mostly for extra thumbs which are used by most of the skins to display pictures on certain view (generally 4).

So i tried to do it cleanly to undertand how AD do its magic.
I tried on the movie 300 with english as the language in the AD setting and I disabled all limits for artworks for it to grab all the pictures.

But first i had a look at TMDB to see the artworks they provide. For this particular movie they have 2 english "backdrops" (in 1280x720) and 20 "no language" "backdrops" (2 in 1280x720 the rest in 1920x1080).
I also went to FanartTV : they have 9 "backgrounds" (all in 1920x1080) and 3 "movie thumbs" (all in 1000x562).

And i launched it.

It created the two expected directories in my 300 movie folder : extrafanart and extrathumbs and downloaded the stuff.

1. I noticed that AD doesn't use FanartTV for extrafanarts and extrathumbs oO why ?
2. In my extrfanarts I have all the "backdrops" from TMDB but from the "no language" list only... why not the english one as i specified english in the setting ?
3. Where are grabed the extrathumbs. They are always 4 of them and they always are resized pictures from the extrafanart folder.
Why these pictures are resized (780x389) as kodi will resized them anyway when caching them first and the skin will mostly resizing them a second time when populating the views ? And if they are resized why not follow the size of FanarTV which is 1000x562 ?

But mostly how AD choose from the "backdrops" images grabed from TMDV which ones are going to be used as thumbs ? I tried to see if there is a metadata in the jpg : no ; i also tried to decipher the source HTML page, but of course they are populated via javascript as far as i can understand. Is there a tag which point to specific images from the backdrops list and pint point them as being thumbs from the movie ? , or do AD choose them at random, which i doubt as i tried multiple times to grab them with a clean library and AD always catch the same thumbs ? Is it by the rating : for sure not as they are not the most rated in that particular example.

Can someone with a greater knowledge illuminate me and the others on that matter ?

Thanks Big Grin
(2015-04-11, 18:13)marhutchy Wrote: I know this is a stretch, but is it possible to move all the artwork to another storage media and still have them show up in Kodi?
Check out Path substitution http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution.
(2015-04-13, 22:40)PatK Wrote:
(2015-04-11, 18:13)marhutchy Wrote: I know this is a stretch, but is it possible to move all the artwork to another storage media and still have them show up in Kodi?
Check out Path substitution http://kodi.wiki/view/Path_substitution.

Thanks... will definitely read up.
Laptop: Dell Inspiron i7559-2512BLK | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 6700HQ (2.60 GHz) | 1 TB + 8 GB SSHD
Kodi 18.3
MiniPC: LibreELEC 8.2.1
Sharing Media: SMB (HDD: 2 TB, 1 TB) | Media Manager/Organizer - Media Companion
(2015-04-08, 15:36)capfuturo Wrote: @Walt74: I took some time, did a little investigation and found the average times for image availability for scrape purposes. This information has been posted quite recently by Kode, one of Fanart.tv site's administrator. By looking at AD's Github latest development, it seems they updated to fanart.tv API v3 un July 2014. Since AD's seems not to support yet Personal API keys, the above information suggests it would take between 2 days to 1 week for newly uploaded images to be available for scraping in AD.

@capfuturo

The art became available on the 14th of April, i posted my question on the 7th of april. So you are right Capfuturo, it takes about one week for the art to be available for scraping.
Musicvideo art?

Does this addon actually get any music video art? AFAICT, it only scrapes from TMDB for music video. TMDB doesn't really support music video from what I see, but some people have added "concerts", though there is limited art.

In particular, discart. This seems to be supported per the settings menu but I have never actually been able to get any file downloaded. Also I was looking in the code, and it seems like for music video, if there is discart it is actually being set as art_type cdart, but since I can't figure out any way to get any to download for test, I can't see any way to figure out how it actually is supposed to work.

scott s.
lately I get en error messege while trying to download manually via gui. Doe's anyone know why?
(2015-05-02, 07:45)Dave.B Wrote: lately I get en error messege while trying to download manually via gui. Doe's anyone know why?
Hard to tell unless you care to share the error message and a log for it.
Best,

capfuturo

• 154(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Downloader18