Artwork Downloader

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
marhutchy Offline
I don't even know if this is the right thread to put this.
I don't know if this is possible, but if it is, probably it is a suggestion.

Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

Is it possible when downloading actor images, to download them all to one centralized folder?
I know you're thinking that there's no problem because these images are small in size. However, isn't it redundant?
Reason being.... say that you have a LOT of series/movies, and you have one actor/actress that appears in quite a few. Wouldn't it be better to have them once, than multiple times?
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2015-05-10 09:41)marhutchy Wrote:  Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

No, not currently possible.

(2015-05-10 09:41)marhutchy Wrote:  However, isn't it redundant?

Yes, the current solution is massively redundant and inefficient. A single cast folder for local cast artwork across all movies (even tv shows) would be much more efficient, but also more complicated (what to do if you have multiple sources - share cast artwork across sources, or have one cast artwork folder per source, maybe in the root of each source?)

As usual it needs someone that is bothered enough by this to improve it, and in the grand scheme of things it's probably way down most peoples lists of priorities. At least it works, even if it is inefficient... Smile

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
marhutchy Offline
(2015-05-10 10:05)Milhouse Wrote:  
(2015-05-10 09:41)marhutchy Wrote:  Is it possible to have Kodi read from one folder just for actors/actresses images?

No, not currently possible.

(2015-05-10 09:41)marhutchy Wrote:  However, isn't it redundant?

Yes, the current solution is massively redundant and inefficient. A single cast folder for local cast artwork across all movies (even tv shows) would be much more efficient, but also more complicated (what to do if you have multiple sources - share cast artwork across sources, or have one cast artwork folder per source, maybe in the root of each source?)

As usual it needs someone that is bothered enough by this to improve it, and in the grand scheme of things it's probably way down most peoples lists of priorities. At least it works, even if it is inefficient... Smile

That is true.
That's one of the reasons why I had second thoughts about asking, because I know it isn't a major issue - it isn't prioritized.

For multiple sources, I would suggest the same method that Movie Set Artwork Automator addon uses.

Thanks for responding Smile
find quote
bobrap Offline
Fan
I believe Media Companion has that option. The image location is written to nfo and shouldn't it be read by Kodi?

YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
find quote
Milhouse Offline
Team-Kodi Member
You're right, I suppose it might be possible via NFOs, if the third party media manager is essentially managing the content of the single/shared actors folder, but it's not the "normal" way of working for Kodi.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
find quote
marhutchy Offline
I use MediaElch.
Maybe MediaElch could include the feature to place all the actor images in one folder, with their respect nfo files, then Kodi reads from that one folder.

Yep - a lot of work.
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-11 00:50 by marhutchy.)
find quote
great_vc Offline
(2015-05-09 19:55)great_vc Wrote:  Hi, i tried a search to no avail. i have some movies with cdart option enable. i add new movies, they appear perfectly on kodi (nebula skin) but the cd art is not displayed. i have to manually run the "artwork downloader" plug in to download the cd art. Can this be done automatically every time i update my library. DVD cover and background art are correctly downloaded automatically every time i add a movie, how come cd art is not ?

thank your for your help.

anyone on this ??
find quote
sualfred Online
Posting Freak
Can someone confirm that downloading tv shows artwork is broken?
I noticed that the search engine on thetvdb.com also have an Ajax issue

MAIN: i7 4790@4,5ghz | MSI Z87 Mpower | GTX780@1,2ghz | 16gb RAM 2400 | MX100 512gb SSD | 2GB HDD | watercooled :P
HTPC: Kodi 15 | i5 2400 | Asus P8Z68-V | 8gb RAM | GTX660Ti | SSD 120gb | 750gb + 1000gb + 2000gb HHD internal | Grandia GD09 | WakeUSB IR | One4All 7962
NAS: N54l w. XPenology
TV: LG 47" 47LM640S | 100 LED Adalight | Denon X1000 | Heco Victa 700/201/101/251a
(This post was last modified: 2015-05-20 10:22 by sualfred.)
find quote