Xbmc on Windows 8 Acer Iconia Tab w500 videos
Hey guys,

I posted some videos of XBMC running on an Acer Iconia Tab w500 with the new AMD Fusions APUs. Both show high def playback. Just a little glimpse of the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TiWlMTtTJA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fumjqb5B9...ideo_title

Cheers
I'm considering buying this tablet to use it as a nomad video player.

Is it always good with 1080p mkv videos ?

Thanks for your youtube videos, btw.
I'm just about to try and put XBMCLive on mine! Smile
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I'm interested in your feedback, then Wink
Well, I had to boot from the USB drive obviously, but as expected. It loads perfectly fine, but has no Touchscreen support. So it's pretty pointless at the moment.

Shame.
Also, in order to try and get anywhere with this with it's 1 USB port - A USB hub is required for Keyboard and USB Thumb drive support - Not tested, I do not have a USB Port Hub at the moment.

--EDIT--
Found one...

Great idea to do it this way, but I think I'll have to continue using Windows version of XBMC on this system for the time being. Unless anyone can advise on how to get the Touchpad supported...?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
I am going to stick my neck out here and say that not much work is going to be needed to get this working on here. I just wish I knew more about linux and I'd give it a go.

Some things automatically detected like the CPU (AMD C-50) it's @ 147 degrees apparently. lol and is permanently running at 100%.

MESA? GPU.

So the bottom line is, yes XBMCLive will work on the Iconia W500 - but it is going to need some work. At least the very least Touchpad, CPU and GPU drivers installing.

Took some photos/screenshots incase it helps will upload them shortly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmc on Windows 8 Acer Iconia Tab w500 videos0