Video in slow motion, sound normal
Memphiz Wrote:NedScott is no developer. I am and it is good that he takes the work from me for bagging for logs each time. But i will not look into your log now - because you seem to work against our support strategies. It doesn't matter how much logs with the same error we get - for a complete bug report it is needed.

And if you are so smart by knowing what is needed and what not (and which bugs are really the same and which not) - then i would be happy to receive any patch for your issue and apply it to the tree if it corrects your problem.

I'm not working against your support strategies, quite the opposite. I've found that the same thing was reported only a few months ago, so I reckoned you guys were already aware of it and that you'll take care of it when you get to it.

I'm not against posting logs, which you could see since I posted my log after being told I could have information that hasn't been posted before. I just don't see the point in drowning you guys in logs of problems you're aware of just because I personally see the problem for the first time.
mhhh ... k ... morning gets better so i looked into the log. I can't give much hope on fixing this easily. The file is decoded using the hardware decoder (vtb - video tool box) - which davilla kindly reverse engineered. 2 possible causes now:

1. The decoder can't handle 60fps material - this would lead to a workaround where we would use ffmpeg to decode it in software - which would lead to totally unplayable movies because of the missing cpu power (well not better then now - but they would stutter in the correct speed Wink ).

2. There are some bits missing when configuring the hw decoder to handle 60fps right - more reverse engineering needed which is really really really (did i say really) hard to do and even might not lead to a solution aswell.

Lets see if jedi master yoda *muha* lets another comment about this - we could try to attract him by sacrificing some chickens ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
hafr Wrote:I'm not working against your support strategies, quite the opposite. I've found that the same thing was reported only a few months ago, so I reckoned you guys were already aware of it and that you'll take care of it when you get to it.

I'm not against posting logs, which you could see since I posted my log after being told I could have information that hasn't been posted before. I just don't see the point in drowning you guys in logs of problems you're aware of just because I personally see the problem for the first time.

Though the chances where good in that case that it is the same bug - this is not obvious all the time. Same behaviour could be caused by dozens of different issues - so never say never.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
no xbmc.log, no soup. we look at all sorts of things in xbmc.log.
hafr Wrote:I'm not working against your support strategies, quite the opposite. I've found that the same thing was reported only a few months ago, so I reckoned you guys were already aware of it and that you'll take care of it when you get to it.

As i posted in the other thread aswell the sample link is down. If you get up a sample faster then the other reporter it would be a good thing to start with aswell... (cut a 100mb part of it which reproduces the issue and up somewhere - e.x. dropbox).
Memphiz Wrote:As i posted in the other thread aswell the sample link is down. If you get up a sample faster then the other reporter it would be a good thing to start with aswell... (cut a 100mb part of it which reproduces the issue and up somewhere - e.x. dropbox).

I don't know how to do that. But as I said earlier, it's The Amazing Race S19E08 720p HDTV X264-DIMENSION.
Try this
g-off Wrote:Try this

http://bit.ly/uHGs0A

I don't have the file on my computer anymore, and I'm afraid to say that I'm just not interested enough in continuing this thread (especially considering the resplies that I've gotten). I'm guessing it's not going to make the devs sit there with nothing to do, and someone else will probably report the same exact problem later on.

Keep up the good work, I'm very thankful for all the energy being put into letting us use this great program for free. Sorry for not being more helpful.
got a sample and attached the link to the trac ticket ... thx so far ...
I'd like to report the same issue, but with the next episode, 9.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video in slow motion, sound normal0