[RELEASE] World Weather Online Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hunkyn Offline
Fan
Amet,

Great add-on works flawlessly for me on win7 latest nightlies. I have a quick feature suggestions. Would it be possible to make the the weather information appear on the main screen when i am in weather section? Something like we see the latest movies that were added when i am in videos section?

If it is not possible that's fine but wanted to throw it out there Nerd

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
hunkyn Wrote:Amet,

Great add-on works flawlessly for me on win7 latest nightlies. I have a quick feature suggestions. Would it be possible to make the the weather information appear on the main screen when i am in weather section? Something like we see the latest movies that were added when i am in videos section?

If it is not possible that's fine but wanted to throw it out there Nerd

That is something that is done by the skin, not the add-on. Best ask in the skin thread.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
find quote
dynaflash Offline
Cannot get it working even with brand new (like 7 minutes ago) install of World Weather Online and a fresh git head compile from this morning.

xbmc version and system info from my xbmc debug log:

Code:
13:01:16 T:3044095728  NOTICE: Starting XBMC, Platform: Linux (Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS, 2.6.24-28-generic i686). Built on Nov 18 2011 (Git:20111117-0e174c0)

Here is relevant part from the same debug log : http://pastebin.com/031XgM1v

Tested both using Quartz and Confluence skins. Same result. For the record that log is from the last try using Confluence.

Thoughts ?
find quote
hunkyn Offline
Fan
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That is something that is done by the skin, not the add-on. Best ask in the skin thread.

Ok great. I am off to confluence thread now Smile

Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
find quote
Omegatron Offline
Originally Posted by Hitcher
Nice to see you've got the day/night fixed as well.

amet Wrote:yeah, sry I forgot to post here

For me the day/night issue isnt solved. Ive got weather addon version 1.05 and the latest nightly running atm. Here is a screenshot of my weather using Aeon MQ3:

[Image: IMG_0773.jpg]

any thoughts about this, why it isnt working for me?

Also, is there going to be an option to select what kind of forecast you want like in Weather+? i.e. 4 days, 7 days etc?
find quote
mindweaver Offline
Posting Freak
Can someone point me to a link to download the World Weather Online addon as a zip? It does not show up under Addons -> Weather. All I have there i Wether+ and that does not work.

I am running XBMCSetup-20111129-b67a2a4-master.exe on Windows 7 64-bit.
find quote
amet Offline
Retired Team-Kodi Member
mindweaver Wrote:Can someone point me to a link to download the World Weather Online addon as a zip? It does not show up under Addons -> Weather. All I have there i Wether+ and that does not work.

I am running XBMCSetup-20111129-b67a2a4-master.exe on Windows 7 64-bit.

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/...heronline/
find quote
mindweaver Offline
Posting Freak
amet Wrote:http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden-pre/...heronline/

Thank you! works great.
find quote
Eldorado Offline
Fan
I get a script error when running with no internet connection, just throwing this one up in case you want to handle this scenario more gracefully?

Code:
13:29:01 T:2856   DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogProgress.xml) ------
13:29:06 T:8468    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
13:29:06 T:8468   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
13:29:06 T:8468   ERROR: Error Contents: [Errno socket error] [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
13:29:06 T:8468   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\M33282\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\default.p​y", line 174, in <module>
                                                forecast(location)
                                              File "C:\Users\M33282\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\default.p​y", line 120, in forecast
                                                query    = fetch( LOCATION_URL % (city, NUMBER_OF_DAYS, DEVELOPER_KEY))
                                              File "C:\Users\M33282\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\default.p​y", line 97, in fetch
                                                socket = urllib.urlopen( url )
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 86, in urlopen
                                                return opener.open(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 207, in open
                                                return getattr(self, name)(url)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 346, in open_http
                                                h.endheaders()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 908, in endheaders
                                                self._send_output()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 780, in _send_output
                                                self.send(msg)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 739, in send
                                                self.connect()
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 720, in connect
                                                self.timeout)
                                              File "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 561, in create_connection
                                                raise error, msg
                                            IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
13:29:06 T:8468    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
13:29:06 T:8468    INFO: Python script stopped
find quote
Mirgus Offline
Hey guys i installed xbmc today on my htpc Smile and first of all its really great Big Grin

at the moment i have on problem ... weather dont works Sad

i just installed world weather online but if i want to type a location i always get an "script-error"...

so i checked the log file from debug mode and found this :

"23:51:03 T:4012 M:814604288 DEBUG: unable to load C:\Users\mirgus\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\resources​\language\German\strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0"

so i changed the folder "English" to German, because the folder German didnt exist and the problem is still there.

Some others failures

Code:
*** log removed***
(This post was last modified: 2011-12-12 08:06 by amet.)
find quote
amet Offline
Retired Team-Kodi Member
Mirgus Wrote:Hey guys i installed xbmc today on my htpc Smile and first of all its really great Big Grin

at the moment i have on problem ... weather dont works Sad

i just installed world weather online but if i want to type a location i always get an "script-error"...

so i checked the log file from debug mode and found this :

"23:51:03 T:4012 M:814604288 DEBUG: unable to load C:\Users\mirgus\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\weather.worldweatheronline\resources​\language\German\strings.xml: Failed to open file at line 0"

so i changed the folder "English" to German, because the folder German didnt exist and the problem is still there.

Some others failures

Code:
*** log removed*** read my signature

post the full debug log please
find quote
Mirgus Offline
ok heres the file Smile

http://www.xup.in/dl,40691753/xbmc.log/

thx
find quote
amet Offline
Retired Team-Kodi Member
Mirgus Wrote:ok heres the file Smile

http://www.xup.in/dl,40691753/xbmc.log/

thx

as I thought, you running this on Dharma... this is eden only addon thats why its not in dharma repo.
find quote
Mirgus Offline
there it is Big Grin ok then i gonna try to save my settings and install the pre version Smile
find quote
Xmedia Offline
Hey,

I have only 1 Problem

[Image: show_img.php?img=6e8500-1347898290.jpg&size=thumb]

Where is the translate-issue ?
It translate only a little bit of german

Best Regards
Xmedia
find quote