• 13(current)
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec
(2012-04-05, 03:58)Castrol Wrote:
(2012-04-04, 07:21)eskro Wrote: dunno but yeah,
i mean,
the ISK300-65 & the ISK-110 are my fav HTPC case at the moment.
wish i had one of them,

Damn, just had a look around and I cant get the ISK 110 in NZ, no one stocks it

Sorry to interrupt the flow, but just found the Antec ISK110 VESA Mini-ITX Case in NZ for $106, this is an awesome price and it is available in NZ yay!

Hopefully it will be available in a couple of months - waiting for trinity builds now
Just wanted to post to say thanks for this informative thread!

I ended up putting together a isk300-65 system with

CPU: Intel G530
Mobo: Asus P8H61-I
Ram: Kingston Value Ram 4GB
Video: Asus GT 430

System runs well, but decided to order a higher powered brick (went with 120w), as the system gets unstable when the 65w brick warms up. I haven't seen it pull more than 55w, but I've had a couple of reboots after it ran for a few hours.... I haven't received the new brick yet, but hopefully this fixes it! Smile
(2012-04-27, 08:12)DoeBoye Wrote: CPU: Intel G530
Mobo: Asus P8H61-I
Ram: Kingston Value Ram 4GB
Video: Asus GT 430
This combination draw more power than the 65w power brick can handle....the 120w is more like it.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yeah. That's what I figured when I put it together, but I thought I'd test before buying the larger brick Smile. Without the discrete video card, there's no question it would be rock solid.

I guess mostly I just wanted to post an FYI for any one else looking to add a video card to their isk300-65.

Also, re: video card, the Asus GT 430 that I bought is the absolute max size I would be able to fit inside. The heatsink practically brushes the side of the case. Doesn't seem to cause any heat issues from restricted air flow however, as in the brief time I tested it, the temp of the GPU never went over 50 degrees Celcius. More extensive testing when the new brick comes in might prove differently, but I'm confident it won't be an issue.

All in all, a great combination for a kickass media player! Smile.
ftw DoeBoy!!
(2012-04-27, 20:05)DoeBoye Wrote: I guess mostly I just wanted to post an FYI for any one else looking to add a video card to their isk300-65.
This case should be perfect for the 65W Intel i3-2125, which doesn't required a discrete GPU....

(2012-04-27, 20:05)DoeBoye Wrote: All in all, a great combination for a kickass media player! Smile.
You'll enjoy it for a long time......Nod

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Do you think it would interfere with an optical drive if one wanted to put one in down the line?
(2012-04-28, 15:58)Sdpbc Wrote: Do you think it would interfere with an optical drive if one wanted to put one in down the line?

were waiting on a user here to confirm us if there's interference or not.
as soon as he has funds tho so, no quick response i guess...
unless u try Tongue
(2012-04-27, 20:20)eskro Wrote: ftw DoeBoy!!
Smile!!! FTW!!

(2012-04-27, 23:05)bluray Wrote: This case should be perfect for the 65W Intel i3-2125, which doesn't required a discrete GPU....

I was going to go that route, but I've been reading about issues with 23.976 fps playback with the embedded Intel GPU, so decided to go with the discrete card....

(2012-04-27, 23:05)bluray Wrote: You'll enjoy it for a long time......Nod

I hope so! Smile. I'm currently using an old Acer Revo with XBMC, and have loved it, but figured it was time for an upgrade... Especially if the issues with bitstreaming TrueHD etc. in Ubuntu get sorted out...

(2012-04-28, 15:58)Sdpbc Wrote: Do you think it would interfere with an optical drive if one wanted to put one in down the line?

I'm assuming this question was directed at the heatsink discussion, but if the concern is with the video card interfering, no problem at all Smile.

One thing I needed to do to get this particular card to fit was bend the case metal slightly where the video card screws into the case. I heated it up with a hair dryer and easily bent it out of the way. The hdmi input on this video card is fairly high up on the card, and the case interferes with the hdmi cable (see attached pics)

ISK300-65 and GT 430 Album

Smile
very nice, thx for the pics!

so which Power Brick are you using?

case closes without issues then with the GT430 in it?
(2012-04-29, 23:33)eskro Wrote: very nice, thx for the pics!
NP! Smile

(2012-04-29, 23:33)eskro Wrote: so which Power Brick are you using?
Currently not using anything, as I'm waiting for the 120w brick. Shipping from USA to Canada, so takes a bit more time. Also, I ordered from another vendor then the listed one for the 120w, because he did not ship to Canada. This is the one I got: 120w brick. Ships to Canada.

(2012-04-29, 23:33)eskro Wrote: case closes without issues then with the GT430 in it?
It does. The heatsink of the card is very close to the edge, but cover goes on without issue (gently!) Smile. Other mobos may be different though, depending on where the PCI-e slot is placed on the board...

well. keep us updated on your Power Brick!

hope all goes well as i usually recommend 3-prong bricks.
(2012-04-29, 23:42)eskro Wrote: well. keep us updated on your Power Brick!

hope all goes well as i usually recommend 3-prong bricks.

Doh! Didn't even notice it was only 2 prong!!! grrr.... I would have preferred the extra prong as well... Oh well. may need to track down another suitable brick that ships to Canada Sad.

Also, here's a few pics showing the edge with the heatsink. Though in one pic it looks like it sticks out, it's just the angle of the photo.

EDIT: Embedded links didn't seem to work. Here's a direct link: Side

EDIT 2: Looks like the original brick is also only 2-pronged... My understanding is the third prong is a "frame ground". If the original is not set up for a frame ground, would the third prong even come into play?

well, im not saying the 2-prong wont work.
but i took the information from someone who bought a 3-prong brick
and said it works great and its safer so,
just wait for yours and lets see how well it goes!
2-Prong is fine..... DoeBoye

is your GPU card that little fan loud?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ANTEC ISK300-65's hidden PSU Spec5