NFS share with unfs3 not working
My router firmware started using unfs3 server for NFS shares.
Since the router upgrade I can't play anything from the NFS share. File browsing works fine though. This problem was already reported to the libnfs developer: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/16 but he doesn't seem to be working on it.

Other clients (windows and linux) can happily mount and use this share without any problems.

In the xbmc.log file there is nothing unusual. The "play" operation simply times out.
Could someone from the XBMC devs (Memphiz?) have a look at this particular combination and possibly rectify the problem on the XBMC client side?

Thanks.
I commented on github. Beside that the libnfs version which is used in our tree has none of the needed features (readdirplus emulation + multiple pdus). Since master tree is in freeze i can't bump libnfs version before eden is released.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:I commented on github. Beside that the libnfs version which is used in our tree has none of the needed features (readdirplus emulation + multiple pdus). Since master tree is in freeze i can't bump libnfs version before eden is released.

Thanks for that. Does this mean that the nightlies building script also needs to be adjusted. If yes can you do that?
What is the nightlies building script? As is said the tree (where the nightlies are built from) is in freeze ... only bugfixes are allowed at the moment ... nor major changes (and changing version of 3rd party libs is considered a major change and so will not happen before the eden is released and the tree is unfreezed - free for features again)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I assumed that the one could easily change Makefile in the https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...s/Makefile. Since this file is frozen there is not much you can do...
Hi there,
I have the same issue and I need NFS on XBMC ATV2.

I share my disk on an openwrt router using unfs3. I also tried nfs kernel server, not working at all.

With nightly build I cannot even browse NFS shares, with latest official build I can browse, but when I try to playback something XBMC crashes. With SMB Video is scattering with 720p and 1080 MKV.

I haven't understood well when and if the issue is going to be fixed (Next release? Some nightly? When?)
Is there any other way to share via NFS for ATV2

I checked the logs and I found this post.

I read the wiki, this post, and https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs/issues/16

Thank you for the support!
Alessandro
It will be fixed after eden is put into beta phase and branched into its own tree. After that i can bump the nfs version in the tree and it will appear in the nightlys from then on. This fix won't make it into the official release eden though. Sorry guys ... the fix was just a bad timing ...
Ok, thanks.

Just to share with the community, if someone has the same issue.

The main reason why I was looking for nfs, was to solve the bottleneck of smb protocol to stream HD MKV. As I read in some other posts, I could solve this issue using FTP protocol (!!).

Waiting for NFS to work this could solve my problem.

Thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS share with unfs3 not working0