Simple videostacking like fuzzy
try something like:

<regexp>( +)\.....?$</regexp>

this looks for one or more spaces (the ( +) bit - the brackets means this is the bit we're gonna compare on) followed by a period (\.) followed by 3 characters (...) followed by an optional fourth character (.?) appearing at the end of the string ($Wink.

i'm not sure how the sorting will work - it should sort in order. if it doesn't, let me know.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

awesome, that fixed my 3 part movies. my 2 part movies still dont stack since there is no space in the second part of the movie. i have been staring (and attempting different strings) for 2 straight days now. i wasnt even close to the string you wrote out.

nevermind about the other string, i just renamed all my 2 part movies to have spaces at the end of both files so now all my movies stack correctly! thanks for your help!!!
change the + to a *. * means 0 or more.

note that this may well mean that a bunch of other stuff gets matched as well - just something to watch out for.

as kraqh3d has stated, it's much better to just name your movies so that the default regexps do their job.

also, now that you understand how it works, how about writing something up for the online manual?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

i had tried the wild card before and some reason it acted really wierd. any movie with a space in the name ie. "the movie" would not stack, and would show up as "theovie" so it seemed to take out the space and the following letter.

just curious, if one would use and name their movies according to the example regexp in the xml wouldnt you end up with "movie.part1" or "movie.1". i know thats how it worked a long time ago and that was the reason i started using the spaces instead of numbers/letters at the end. i hated all my movies having that extra # or letter in the title.
maybe we should think about making the old fuzzy stacking an option?

or just selectable in the fileview?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
no. it was removed for a very good reason. there is no way to effectively handle the databasing options if both are available.

i'll write up on the online manual the recommended naming conventions at some stage.

just getting back into things, totally loving what you guys did with the regex stuff. i'm thinking about integrating that with more options for cleaning file names as well.

curious about something - looking at the default settings, i can't imagine why the main 2 were left like this:

Quote:<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]+([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ _\.-]+([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>

...instead of like this:

Quote:<regexp>[ _\.-]+cd[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>
<regexp>[ _\.-]+part[ _\.-]*([0-9a-d]+)</regexp>

i don't know about you guys, but a majority of the stuff i've ever seen always had something like "-cd1" or " - cd1", and hardly ever "-cd-1" or whatever this is intended for.

anyone have a problem if i make this change to the default settings file and check it in? doesn't seem like it should break any existing stacking anyone has set up...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
also, while we're on the topic...

a couple of proposed changes:

1. move the stacking option to be under settings - appearance - view options, rather than directly on the video screen. previously i think we had it there because (1) it was easy; and (2) it was necessary to be able to constantly switch back and forth between fuzzy/simple/none... but now that we have much more granular configurability, and because there is no more need for fuzzy, i'm thinking it is just cluttering up things to have the option always visible on the main video screen. i know that i personally will never change the option, because i'll have all my regex exactly the way i want it.

2. how about if i add an option to that same settings screen, to turn on/off the "clean file names" function? currently it is an option in settings.xml, but there is no actual way to configure it - it is essentially auto-set based on the stacking mode, with the idea that that would make a good default, but someday we might actually have a gui option for it. i'm sure one of my previous bits of code already had this implemented, but i can't seem to find it anymore...

ok, let me know what you guys think.
i agree with your regexp change. that seperator should be asterix'ed to allow for both "-cd1" and "-cd-1".

1) i think the stacking button should stay in the videos windows. i know i sometimes need to turn it on and off. i'm sure others do as well.

2) i'm torn on this one... while this is similar to whats done in music where the labels are set based on the tag data, the info used to set the lable comes directly from the file. where as here, xbmc is making a guess as to what the label should be by removing the tokens configured in settings.xml.
for #2, all i'm talking about is an option to turn the feature on and off - the "cleaning" feature is already there, and it is currently always on if you have stacking turned on.

whether or not you like the feature, and whether or not it is implemented well, is another discussion - i'm happy to discuss ways to improve it, and i have a few ideas myself too. but as it stands, the feature is already there.

so if you're not exactly comfortable with it, it sounds like you agree with me - we do need an on-screen option to turn it on and off.

i am now noticing that we have some list options under video, and others under appearance. i guess this setting would be more appropriate under video, since it is only actually applied to video list. thoughts?
also, i'm curious about #1 - with the new regex matching, what scenario could you have that would still require you to turn stacking on and off? my understanding was that in the past, this was necessary because fuzzy mode stacked many things incorrectly, or because tv episodes were getting stacked like movie volumes - but now it should be possible to avoid all of those problems, right? i'm sure there are some scenarios i haven't considered...
sometimes i just like to turn it off... actually, more often then not i leave stacking off, and sometimes turn it on Smile

the option to enable and disable the cleaning is fine with me. you're right in that it gets enabled automatically when stacking is enabled. i'm just stating the obvious, it's not perfect.

one thing to watch out for... all filenames go through a cleaning process before the imdb lookup, but i'm not sure if its the same cleaning process. you just need to make sure that if cleaning titles is disabled, its still cleaned when querying imdb. it helps get a better match on imdb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple videostacking like fuzzy0