[AppleTV1] xbmcflix won't open browser to log in
Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get xbmcflix to work on my xbmc-on-appletv1 installation. When I try, it just tells me to wait for the browser to pop up, but no browser ever does (and I couldn't even find a browser to install anywhere).

Perhaps I could just enter my login info into one of the config files via ssh or something?

thanks!

apple tv gen 1, os version 3.0.2
xbmc 10.1 dharma with ssh
xbmcflix doesn't play Netflix movies. It simply lets you browse the movies/shows and then launch a browser to actually watch Netflix.
thanks ned. so, does that mean we're out of luck on the apple tv 1?
I have heard about people getting Netflix to work, installing Firefox and Silverlight, but playback is all CPU decoded. That means playback for most videos will not be smooth.

Netflix is said to be working on a Linux-friendly version, and when/if that comes out it will allow the ATV1 to use Netflix by installing a Linux-based system on it. Sam's Crystalbuntu is one such installation specifically made for the ATV1 and is very easy to install. (let's you do full 1080 output, too).
hmm - i thought that the lack of silverlight on linux made netflix a no go? Perhaps they've managed to get around that. If so, interesting! Would be even more exciting if they managed to get it running under appletv's osx smoothly.

I only have an SD tv, so no need for the crystal for me (yet). Still, could install linux and xbmc.
(2011-11-16, 14:41)Ned Scott Wrote: Netflix is said to be working on a Linux-friendly version

Did you see this? :-(
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/netfl...port-linux
Its only a matter of time before its on linux. Its already running in html 5 on the playstation 3. The reason its not running html 5 on your pc is because there is no standard for drm in html 5. At least the last time i checked. word is Microsoft is abandoning silverlight. Netflix will have to find something else in the next couple years and im sure their gonna lean towards html 5.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV1] xbmcflix won't open browser to log in0