Problem with Resume on Nightlies
Hi all,

I have just installed the new nightly, in order to start my mysql database afresh.

The mysql portion went fine, the database has been created as myvideos57 on the server, and the tables are populated correctly when I look with mysql workbench. I left the video name out of advancedsettings.xml and let xbmc create its own database.

If I mark one movie as watched on one computer, then look at it on another xbmc client, then the watched flag appears so the database is working.

Unfortunately resume has not worked since the update. If i stop a movie in the middle and then restart it, it just starts at the beginning again. This was working fine when i was using the nightlies from 17 Oct. I deleted the log, then opened xbmc, ran 'A scanner darkly' and stopped it in the middle and restarted it, as the log shows.

MySQL server 5.5 running on windows 2008.

XBMC client pre 11.0
Git:20111112-a2f830e
Compiled Nov 12 2011
Running on Win 7 x64 SP1.

http://pastebin.com/MGzVf5iu

My gut feeling is that this line is the problem, but a google for answers provided nothing salient:

14:16:38 T:4448 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED

Update: Bookmarks if made manually work fine across the database on other clients, just not the stop-resume functionality.

Any ideas?
XBMC won't write a resume point unless the film has been playing for a while. I forget exactly what the time is but I think it's around 5 minutes. Anyhow, because you stopped the film after ten seconds no attempt to write a resume point was made. If you play the film for longer (I think you can just press up arrow to jump; you need to sit and wait for 5 minutes) the log should show what happens when XBMC attempts to write the resume point.

JR
I confirm the bug: the last available Windows nightly (11/13) does have it. I know about the "grace interval" but resume won't work no matter how long you play a video. Reverting to a build 2-3 days older than the last one does fix it - obviously the bug has been introduced recently.

PS: BTW, what happened to Windows nightlies? The latest available is from 11/13.

UPD: Today's build does not have this bug. And weather is back! Smile
Roman_V_M Wrote:I confirm the bug: the last available Windows nightly (11/13) does have it. I know about the "grace interval" but resume won't work no matter how long you play a video. Reverting to a build 2-3 days older than the last one does fix it - obviously the bug has been introduced recently.

PS: BTW, what happened to Windows nightlies? The latest available is from 11/13.

UPD: Today's build does not have this bug. And weather is back! Smile

Brilliant, thank you sir for confirming that for me. Ill try the new build tonight.
Confirmed build of the 16 Nov does not have this problem.

Being new to this and all, do I need to log this somewhere to be helpful to someone or doesnt it matter as it appears to be fixed in the new build?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Resume on Nightlies0