Custom Menu item path error
I am trying to add a custom menu item where I can have a direct link to my 'New Movies' located in a specific folder.
When I try and add the custom menu item I can give it a name but when I select path to favorite, I get the 'cannot find Favourites.xml' message.
Initially I thought this was ios specific because it would not work on my aptv2, but then I tried it on my pc and I get the same message.
Just noticed that if I switch to aeon nox skin I can set the path but not when I switch back to confluence.
Thanks
Have you got any items set as a favourite? Only after that is favorites.xml created.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

yes, I have 2 items marked as favourites. These items are selectable when I switch to the aeon nox skin, however when I switch back to confluence and then try to select path I can see them very briefly just before it switches to the 'cannot find favourite.xml' message.
When I switch back to Aeon nox I can see the path set as ActivateWindow(10025,xxxxx,return) and it works in aeon nox...just not in Confluence.
The error "Can Not Find favourites.xml" is generated by script-favourites when it cannot find "special://profile/favourites.xml"

Try checking your profile directory to make sure it's there. Also `Black has updated the script http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=114671. Without checking there might be something that is throwing up an error for you.

Edit Just had a smoke break & came up with an idea! - Could be that Confulence is not running the script & aeon nox is. Check Confluence to make sure script being called. I've had that problem before.

seems very logical, sorry to be a noob but how would I check to see if script is being called? and if it isn't is there a way to correct this?
thanks really do appreciate your help
Just tried ver 3 of the script, same thing, Confluence will not call up the favourite but Aeon Nox will.
So , now how to make confluence call the script?
I have noticed that the favourites script does not appear in my list of addons or available scripts...so checking out the xml I noticed that the line
<provides>executable</provides>
was missing from the script. I added it to the favourites script, I then executed the script by adding it to the 'add on shortcut' (since I added the <provides> line it is now selectable there) .
I launch the script from the main menu and then low and behold I can set the path.

Now to try this on my aptv2
in brief you could - Open up home.xml & find the command
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
Change the 9000 to something else eg 8999 then page down & find
Code:
<control type="fixedlist" id="9000">
Just above insert a new section
Code:
<control type="button" id="8999">
    <description>Run Favourites Script</description>
    <posx>-20</posx>
    <posy>-20</posy>
    <width>1</width>
    <height>1</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <onfocus>RunScript(script.favourites,playlists=play)</onfocus>
    <onfocus>SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    <visible>System.HasAddon(script.favourites)</visible>
</control>
<control type="button" id="8999">
    <description>Don't run Recently added</description>
    <posx>-20</posx>
    <posy>-20</posy>
    <width>1</width>
    <height>1</height>
    <label>-</label>
    <font>-</font>
    <onfocus>SetFocus(9000)</onfocus>
    <texturenofocus>-</texturenofocus>
    <texturefocus>-</texturefocus>
    <visible>!System.HasAddon(script.favourites)</visible>
</control>

homerjs Wrote:I have noticed that the favourites script does not appear in my list of addons or available scripts...so checking out the xml I noticed that the line
<provides>executable</provides>
was missing from the script. I added it to the favourites script, I then executed the script by adding it to the 'add on shortcut' (since I added the <provides> line it is now selectable there) .
I launch the script from the main menu and then low and behold I can set the path.

Now to try this on my aptv2

The script was designed to be invisable & run in the background (frequently)

ok, thanks.
Couldn't really follow your script mod posted above...I found the line
<defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
but couldnt find the
<control type="fixedlist" id="9000">
line in the home.xml so I didnt follow through with it.
What exactly was it supposed to do?
Aslo it was labled 8999 already not 9000, also not sure of this, thanks for the info
Sounds as if you're version is allready modified. (Which or whose version of confluence are you running.) Try a search for id="8999" and see what comes up.

Basically above code was just to run script.favourites,( if it's installed ) every time you entered the home menu. There are otherways eg onload etc.

yes, I am running customizable confluence.
Just tried this trick with the aptv2 and it doesnt work...works on the pc when I run the script but doesnt when I run it on aptv2....damnit
Very frustrating
Confluence does not have the option for an added menu item, customizeable confluence does.. this shouldnt be this hard..arrgh

There must be a way for me to find where in the skin the path is and just replicate this path to the confluence skin...would that work? When you do create this shortcut is it on a skin level or system level?
thanks
I'm also new to this and really struggling (I was 8 last time I tried to code anything!)

So, I've added a folder as a favourite. Removed the &quot; from the favourites.xml file (as suggested on other threads) and in Skin Settings ... Add-on Shortcuts, have added a custom add-on button ... but 'path to add on' when selected can't find the script.favourites script, even though it is sitting in $HOME/addons (storage/.xbmc/addons in my case as I have an OpenELEC 1.0.2 system)

So, what am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Oh .. and I'm running the standard out of the box Confluence skin (for now)

Briddles
briddles Wrote:I'm also new to this and really struggling (I was 8 last time I tried to code anything!)

So, I've added a folder as a favourite. Removed the &quot; from the favourites.xml file (as suggested on other threads) and in Skin Settings ... Add-on Shortcuts, have added a custom add-on button ... but 'path to add on' when selected can't find the script.favourites script, even though it is sitting in $HOME/addons (storage/.xbmc/addons in my case as I have an OpenELEC 1.0.2 system)

So, what am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Oh .. and I'm running the standard out of the box Confluence skin (for now)

Briddles

You might try my Confluence-MOD...there is everything packaged..and should run out of the box...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu item path error0