Settings for an external player and how to keep streamed content in xbmc own player
Can anyone please guide me to set playercorefactory.xml to use an external video player for movies but keep the internal xbmc player for streaming content?

I already set it up pot player as my external player so no problems here, i only want to know what settings to add in playercorefactory.xml so i can use the xbmc internal player only for streaming content, any help it'll be aprecciated.
You could put in a rule to only use the external player for files of certain types:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
   </rules>
foghat Wrote:You could put in a rule to only use the external player for files of certain types:

Code:
<rules action="prepend">
    <rule filetypes="m2ts|ts|mkv" player="MPC-HC"/>
   </rules>

Thanks foghat if i do that that will exclude my external player from playing streaming content? cause maybe that streaming content are the same flile types as the external ones?, i thaught that i had to use a line to specify xbmc own player to only play streamed content, im totally a rookie with this..
You only need to add the rules for MPC-HC XBMC already knows what its going to do with all the other types, <rule filetype is a rule for file types lol its not an internet stream
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
I'll try that line, X, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Settings for an external player and how to keep streamed content in xbmc own player0