Problem with playing movies in nightly build
Hi, I'm using the nightly builds of XBMC.
Today it started to do very strange things. After about 5min of playing a movie (720p .mkv file), it crashes. It started to do it just today. Before it was ok. I've tried to restart ATV2, update the latest nightly build but happening again and again. Does anyone have similar problem?
Any idea what should I do/try?

Edit: I've just tried few other .mkv files to test it and it happened with all of them. Now I'm playing SD .avi file and it seems to be working correctly, so it's probably the .mkv problem.
Does anyone have some idea how to fix it?

Edit2: the .avi file did the same after about 10 min... Sad
You can try using earlier nightlies, but a couple weeks ago I had an issue where every time I opened XBMC, 10 seconds in it would crash the debug log whined about some access violation (or at least I think thats what it was). My solution was to totally start up, installing a new Jailbroken firmware to my AppleTV and reinstalling XBMC, and everything worked fine again.
OK, I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks for the idea Smile
I have definitely had the same problem with ATV2 lately. Icefilms and Fastpasstv only stream to exactly 10 minutes and the ATV returns to the main menus.

Edit: When I tried to update to the latest nightlies. I got "out of memory problem", cleared the caches and everything seems to work now.

SSH into your device, and Check the video cache folders and delete the content inside:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other
hmm, seems like good solution, however, I'm not that good in terminal commands. Can you please post the exact commands how to delete the cache. I know how to ssh the ATV2 and that's all Sad

P.S.: I'm using Mac OS X Lion, so I would like to ask you for commands for terminal.app
Thanks a lotSmile
jakudo Wrote:hmm, seems like good solution, however, I'm not that good in terminal commands. Can you please post the exact commands how to delete the cache. I know how to ssh the ATV2 and that's all Sad

P.S.: I'm using Mac OS X Lion, so I would like to ask you for commands for terminal.app
Thanks a lotSmile

Just use Cyberduck and delete the files from the GUI.
crashreporterlog and syslog needed ... see first link in my sig ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
to Memphiz: I'll post it when I get home.

to Ned Scott: good idea, thanksSmile
blueseeka Wrote:SSH into your device, and Check the video cache folders and delete the content inside:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

Thanks, solved a problem here too!
Memphiz Wrote:crashreporterlog and syslog needed ... see first link in my sig ...

I hope I did the log correctly. You can find it here:
http://pastebin.com/1ugdQjUK

I'm using ATV2 4.4.2 and the nightly build from yesterday xbmc-20111116-5b3b0b3-master-atv2.deb
So when I deleted the caches, the playing movies was much worst. It buffered every 10-15 sec.
I'm going to restore&update Apple TV and install everything again. Hopefully it helps.

EDIT: I've installed older nightly build (November 13) and it is the same. Even I've deleted the caches, it keeps crashing. Here are the logs:
http://pastebin.com/b6pH4gX4
http://pastebin.com/SHGxdCxr

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with playing movies in nightly build0