Remote setting
I have just got my new Microsoft rc6 remote for my Windows xbmc and it does most things I need it to do apart from one thing.
When I am using the keyboard and I move to a film I can press C and the control menu pops up so I can enter more menus.....for instance movie information and then cast lists etc.
Is there a way that I can get my remote to be able to select C for control menu?
steq184 Wrote:I have just got my new Microsoft rc6 remote for my Windows xbmc and it does most things I need it to do apart from one thing.
When I am using the keyboard and I move to a film I can press C and the control menu pops up so I can enter more menus.....for instance movie information and then cast lists etc.
Is there a way that I can get my remote to be able to select C for control menu?

Do you have the ability to change the button functions of the remote to emulate a "C" on the keyboard? If not, I believe you'll need to find an open button, figure out what keyboard command it sends and then go into (or create) a keyboard.xml file and set that button to open the menu.

There's a ton of keyboard.xml tutorials on the forums, but I don't use that particular remote, I use a Harmony which is very easy to setup through their software.
What, if anything, did you use to configure the remote? The MCERemote add-on or EliteGamer360's scripts?

If you used the MCERemote add-on you can use the add-on to map some convenient button on the remote to "C".

See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Usi...in_Windows for more on using RC6/eHome remotes with XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote setting0