• 3(current)
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D
yes publicENEMY, its all described in my HTPC guide too
publicENEMY Wrote:can this build
1. play 3d blu ray disc
2. play 3d blu ray backup (using makemkv)
3. bitstream dts-hd ma 7.1
4. bitstream dolby truehd 7.1
in windows 7?

thanks.
Yes, to all the above! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
THANK YOU ESKRO AND BLURAY!

Its decided now.
A6 3500
asus mini itx
streacom fanless case
lg blu ray drive
intel 512 ssd
i heard that llano are picky about ram? true?

by the way bluray, i would appreciate it if you could show off your setup complete with specs. hehe.
publicENEMY Wrote:can this build
1. play 3d blu ray disc
2. play 3d blu ray backup (using makemkv)
3. bitstream dts-hd ma 7.1
4. bitstream dolby truehd 7.1
in windows 7?

thanks.

anyway, the reason i asked this is because
1. blu ray disc are encrypted. i have to use makemkv to decrypt the disc, stream the media and playback the 3d media(3d media are technically have 2 1080p picture). theorically, this is very demanding task.
2. gt430 can bitstream audio, but my gt570 suprisingly cant!. so if a8 can bitstream audio, i need confirmation whether if a6 can bitstream audio. bluray uses a8 (AFAIK) so i need this a6 confirmation.

hope this clears up.
read bluray's HTPC thread where i suggested him builds to go for
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102596
he came a long way since then Smile

A6 definitely can Bitstream HD-AUdio & play 3D

and no matter how picky hardware is,
cant go wrong with KINGSTON memory!
publicENEMY Wrote:anyway, the reason i asked this is because
1. blu ray disc are encrypted. i have to use makemkv to decrypt the disc, stream the media and playback the 3d media(3d media are technically have 2 1080p picture). theorically, this is very demanding task.
2. gt430 can bitstream audio, but my gt570 suprisingly cant!. so if a8 can bitstream audio, i need confirmation whether if a6 can bitstream audio. bluray uses a8 (AFAIK) so i need this a6 confirmation.

hope this clears up.
I do not have the A6 HTPC, but I do have AsRock E350M1 with lesser AMD HD6310 iGPU. It can bitstream fine. My friend purchased "AMD A6-3600- too bad it is not $349 anymore" with HD6530D iGPU which is the same iGPU in A6-3500. I helped him setup and it can bitstream fine. AMD HD6530D is better than a discrete AMD HD6450, and I have HD6450 in one of my HTPC. It bitstream great. You'll be fine! Smile

When you're ready to bitstream, you can use this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.
eskro Wrote:read bluray's HTPC thread where i suggested him builds to go for
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=102596
he came a long way since then Smile

A6 definitely can Bitstream HD-AUdio & play 3D

and no matter how picky hardware is,
cant go wrong with KINGSTON memory!
And that was the first Mini-Itx with SSD HTPC I built. I built 4 ATX with standard hard drive HTPC's before that, and I owned 20+ PC's now/then both at work and home before that. I never like any Mini-Itx PC before that, because I'm fear of heat in a small case. I still never trust any fanless GPU, CPU cooler, PSU, etc to this day. I worked in environment where heatsink/fan are need it to keep electronics component cool. Some of the heatsinks I used at work weight 5 pounds, and I used 4 120mm fans to keep it cool. I'm finally not fear of the little case anymore.

Thanks to eSkro for convinced me to go for the little case. I needed it to fit in my entertainment center stand! Smile
bluray Wrote:And that was the first Mini-Itx with SSD HTPC I built. I built 4 ATX with standard hard drive HTPC's before that, and I owned 20+ PC's now/then both at work and home before that. I never like any Mini-Itx PC before that, because I'm fear of heat in a small case. I still never trust any fanless GPU, CPU cooler, PSU, etc to this day. I worked in environment where heatsink/fan are need it to keep electronics component cool. Some of the heatsinks I used at work weight 5 pounds, and I used 4 120mm fans to keep it cool. I'm finally not fear of the little case anymore.

Thanks to eSkro for convinced me to go for the little case. I needed it to fit in my entertainment center stand! Smile
Have you ever run out of idea? Are you working in IT department or something? I wish that my hubby have half of your knowledge on PC and electronics. I enjoy reading several threads from you, especially the stuffs in your signature and "Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup." I setup external player on my new HTPC for the first time, and it works as advertised. I'm no software lady either, but it's very simple to download your bat and xml files. I replaced TMT5 with PDVD10 on my HTPC, and the external player codes in your thread works out of the box. Aside from my PDVD10, MPC-HC is great for playing blu-ray files too.

Thank you very much for sharing your wealth of knowledge in this forum! Smile
noworry Wrote:Have you ever run out of idea?
Never! Smile

noworry Wrote:Are you working in IT department or something?
No, I hate IT. I'm in hi-tech field for 20+ years. My jobs required me to build new PC's all the time. I work mostly with DOS and Basic programming. It's old school, but I like new school too.

noworry Wrote:Thank you very much for sharing your wealth of knowledge in this forum!
I'm glad that others found my threads helpful! Smile
bluray Wrote:I do not have the A6 HTPC, but I do have AsRock E350M1 with lesser AMD HD6310 iGPU. It can bitstream fine. My friend purchased "AMD A6-3600- too bad it is not $349 anymore" with HD6530D iGPU which is the same iGPU in A6-3500. I helped him setup and it can bitstream fine. AMD HD6530D is better than a discrete AMD HD6450, and I have HD6450 in one of my HTPC. It bitstream great. You'll be fine! Smile

When you're ready to bitstream, you can use this guide- Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup.

How well does the external player method work? From your posts I am playing with the idea of getting rid of my separate bluray player and doing it on my htpc with an A6-3500.
saitrix Wrote:How well does the external player method work? From your posts I am playing with the idea of getting rid of my separate bluray player and doing it on my htpc with an A6-3500.
It playback all BD files (BDMV/ISO/M2TS/MKV/BD-ROM) in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD so far. External Player method is the easiest route to bitstreaming HD audio using XBMC as front-end. It's the only way I can playback BD/ISO with all the original BD menu options. I'm very happy with it! Smile
bluray Wrote:It playback all BD files (BDMV/ISO/M2TS/MKV/BD-ROM) in full 1080P video with DTS-HD/TrueHD so far. External Player method is the easiest route to bitstreaming HD audio using XBMC as front-end. It's the only way I can playback BD/ISO with all the original BD menu options. I'm very happy with it! Smile

i have few question

1. what external player did you use for bluray?
2. what external player can play 3d bluray and bitstream flawlessly? TMT or cyberlink
3. how is the experience using external player in xbmc? does the remote works flawlessly(external player have remote exclusive control)?
4. if you are filthy rich, would you play bluray using dedicated blu ray player or your xbmc?

thanks.
publicENEMY Wrote:i have few question

1. what external player did you use for bluray?
2. what external player can play 3d bluray and bitstream flawlessly? TMT or cyberlink
3. how is the experience using external player in xbmc? does the remote works flawlessly(external player have remote exclusive control)?
4. if you are filthy rich, would you play bluray using dedicated blu ray player or your xbmc?

thanks.
I'm using TMT5, PDVD10 and MPC-HC in different HTPC's. I use TMT5 in all 3 HTPC's. Everything works fine on all three HTPC's with external player for audio/video and XBMC as front-end. If I'm filthy rich, I still want XBMC as front-end and external player for video/audio! Smile

Here are the complete spec on [url=Image]TMT5[/url] and PDVD11. You'll be fine with either one!
bluray Wrote:I'm using TMT5, PDVD10 and MPC-HC in different HTPC's. I use TMT5 in all 3 HTPC's. Everything works fine on all three HTPC's with external player for audio/video and XBMC as front-end. If I'm filthy rich, I still want XBMC as front-end and external player for video/audio! Smile

Here are the complete spec on [url=Image]TMT5[/url] and PDVD11. You'll be fine with either one!

thank. your feedback is appreciated.
yes, thanks for the ideas. I added the 40mm tall Scythe Kozuti CPU fan. The mi-008 case is bit too large for my needs though. I'm not using a 3.5" HDD or optical drive, so there's tons of space in the front. I'm going to put this exact system into an M350 with 120w picoPSU. Hope it fits! I'll take pics.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] A6-3500 (3x2.1Ghz/2.4Ghz) + HD6530D3